LTH Home

Gibson's (Oak Brook) for Lunch!!

Gibson's (Oak Brook) for Lunch!!
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Gibson's (Oak Brook) for Lunch!!

Post #1 - July 31st, 2010, 2:51 pm
    Post #1 - July 31st, 2010, 2:51 pm Post #1 - July 31st, 2010, 2:51 pm
    He there,

I've been around for a while, posting reviews when I can. I did a search on Gibson's and didn't find an actual thread for them, especially for lunch, which is what I'd like to comment on today.

First let me say, that when I first saw this dish on the menu, I immediately thought of GWiv...you'll know why in a sec. Mainly, I'd like to get across that Gibson's is an extremely reasonable place for lunch.

My wife had the Filet Touranados (sp?) (like sliders). I didn't get a pic of these but, it's the 2nd time she's ordered them. They are quite good. You get three and they're ~ $12 with their fries, which are great.

I had the Sunrise burger. I'm sure you've guessed by now that it's one of their famous burgers, topped with applewood-smoked bacon, and an over-easy egg. I added some cheese because... well, I like cheese. Add a couple of Lemonhead martinis for my lovely wife and a couple of Basil Hayden rocks glasses for me. This was a nearly perfect lunch.

I'll also add that they have one of the most beautiful outdoor landscapes, complete with nice trees, waterfalls, and fireplaces, and a full bar with two televisions. I'm sure this place is going to be crazy on Saturday's for football.

John

Sunrise Burger at Gibson's!!

edit... I can't get the image to embed in the post. I put the link from my Flikr account and loked around for some instruction. Until then you can go here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkseger/4847484348/

John
    Last edited by jkseger on August 2nd, 2010, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #2 - July 31st, 2010, 3:27 pm
    Post #2 - July 31st, 2010, 3:27 pm Post #2 - July 31st, 2010, 3:27 pm
    Here it is - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27074&hilit=gibson's
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #3 - July 31st, 2010, 5:34 pm
    Post #3 - July 31st, 2010, 5:34 pm Post #3 - July 31st, 2010, 5:34 pm

That topic is for their Rosemont location.

It's not clear which location was the one where jkseger dined.
  • Post #4 - April 14th, 2021, 6:21 pm
    Post #4 - April 14th, 2021, 6:21 pm Post #4 - April 14th, 2021, 6:21 pm
    One of Chicago’s most recognized steakhouses, Gibsons, plans on opening restaurants in Arizona; Texas; Washington, D.C.; and Florida — expanding the chain’s presence outside of Illinois.

https://chicago.eater.com/2021/4/14/223 ... ng-officer
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more