LTH Home

Katie's Kitchen - Des Plaines (N of Rt 12/Rand Rd)

Katie's Kitchen - Des Plaines (N of Rt 12/Rand Rd)
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Katie's Kitchen - Des Plaines (N of Rt 12/Rand Rd)

Post #1 - August 5th, 2012, 7:07 pm
    Post #1 - August 5th, 2012, 7:07 pm Post #1 - August 5th, 2012, 7:07 pm
    Mrs Sweet Willie & I have been going to Katie's Kitchen since it first opened, it is located in the space formally occupied by David's Bistro. (sorry if Katie's has been posted before, I did a couple searches & couldn't find anything)

There are two things I almost always get at Katies.

1) Huevos Rancheros - not huevos rancheros like I've normally had, here it is a toasted English muffin topped with marinated skirt steak, avocado, two poached eggs and ranchero sauce, baked with cheddar cheese.

2) Chicken Fried Steak - I've only seen this as a special now & then.

Katie's version of Huevos Rancheros used to be only a special they'd run now & then. I would physically get depressed when we showed up and it wasn't on the specials, so I'd always ask "when are you guys going to put this on the menu as a regular item??!!" I'm guessing I wasn't the only one asking as it is now on the menu. The is hands down is one of the most delicious breakfast entrees I've ever had. Do we have a "best breakfast entree in Chicagoland" thread on LTH? If so, I'd throw full support for this dish to be included in it.

The chicken fried steak when offered has a terrific crisp breading w/great texture coveing a good slice of meat. An excellent rendition for sure.

Get there early as the post church crowd really fills up the place.

Katie's Kitchen
    623 N. Wolf Road
    Des Plaines, IL 60016
    Phone: 847-803-3544
    Monday - Friday
    6:30AM to 2:30PM
    Saturday & Sunday
    6:30AM to 2:00PM
    Friday Night Dinner
    5:00PM to 9:00PM
    http://www.katieskitchenonline.com
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #2 - December 19th, 2016, 8:23 am
    Post #2 - December 19th, 2016, 8:23 am Post #2 - December 19th, 2016, 8:23 am
    Sweet Willie wrote:1) Huevos Rancheros - not huevos rancheros like I've normally had, here it is a toasted English muffin topped with marinated skirt steak, avocado, two poached eggs and ranchero sauce, baked with cheddar cheese.

still damn good, was for breakfast yesterday morning
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #3 - December 20th, 2016, 8:11 am
    Post #3 - December 20th, 2016, 8:11 am Post #3 - December 20th, 2016, 8:11 am
    I always forget to post on the rare occasions I go here, but they're our go-to for a rare brunch out (breakfast is the meal we're least likely to eat at a restaurant).

Note that at one point they'd expanded their dinner hours to Thursday too... but now they only offer breakfast and lunch.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #4 - January 11th, 2018, 8:57 am
    Post #4 - January 11th, 2018, 8:57 am Post #4 - January 11th, 2018, 8:57 am
    Went in with regular expectations. Loved it for breakfast. Great corned beef hash, friendly staff - they do pancakes in the shape of the letter of your kid's first name, with sprinkles. Really decent prices. Came back for the holidays to do the breakfast with Santa.

Really nice place. Glad to have it close.
  • Post #5 - August 7th, 2022, 9:45 am
    Post #5 - August 7th, 2022, 9:45 am Post #5 - August 7th, 2022, 9:45 am
    We went out for brunch this morning, it being our 39th anniversary, and SueF is going to the Dessert Exchange tonight.

Outstanding as usual, the menu items being a little unusual:
    SueF had the Country Waffle, two eggs over a waffle containing crumbled sausage and topped with cheddar.
    I had the Chorizo Benedict which had chorizo, a fried green tomato slice, chimichuri hollandaise and sliced jalapenos.

Definitely the best breakfast in the area, over Annie's and Emma's.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more