LTH Home

Katherine Anne Confections

• Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Katherine Anne Confections

Post #1 - September 23rd, 2012, 7:12 pm
    Post #1 - September 23rd, 2012, 7:12 pm Post #1 - September 23rd, 2012, 7:12 pm
    Katherine Anne Confections opened for business on Saturday, September 22nd. I wandered in with a friend today and found out that Katherine is a long-time LTH lurker and sometimes poster.

Her truffles were pretty wiped out today after yesterday's opening, but there were plenty of marshmallows and caramels. I did have a Passion Fruit Ginger Truffle and it was delectable. The French Press coffee mellow, smooth and a great deal at $6.00 for two people as it yielded about three large mugs.

Proprietress Katherine Anne

Menu Board

About four tables and a comfortable sitting area are available for patrons.

Marshmallows!

Assorted Caramels

Pre-packaged treats

2745 W. Armitage
    Chicago IL 60647
    (773) 235-1630
    http://www.katherine-anne.com/store
    Ms. Ingie
    Life is too short, why skip dessert?
  • Post #2 - September 26th, 2012, 11:18 am
    Post #2 - September 26th, 2012, 11:18 am Post #2 - September 26th, 2012, 11:18 am
    I've tried several of Katherine's hot chocolates and I think the bittersweet is my favorite. The chocolate are so rich and thick, definitely one mug is more than enough to share. So even though it's pricey, when you factor in splitting one mug of chocolate for two people, it's not so bad. The salted caramel was a little sweet for my taste, and the Mexican chocolate definitely has a nice kick. I've never been a marshmallow fan, but KAC's marshmallows melted in hot chocolate are divine!
  • Post #3 - September 30th, 2012, 1:37 pm
    Post #3 - September 30th, 2012, 1:37 pm Post #3 - September 30th, 2012, 1:37 pm
    I'd like to add that the coffee is super!
    ~~~*itadakimasu!*~~~
  • Post #4 - October 1st, 2012, 1:38 pm
    Post #4 - October 1st, 2012, 1:38 pm Post #4 - October 1st, 2012, 1:38 pm
    Also note that Katherine does a lot of giving - she donated truffle-making classes and lots of truffles for fundraisers for the theater I am involved with, American Theater Company
    Leek

SAVING ONE DOG may not change the world,
    but it CHANGES THE WORLD for that one dog.
    American Brittany Rescue always needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog. http://www.americanbrittanyrescue.org
  • Post #5 - November 19th, 2012, 9:18 am
    Post #5 - November 19th, 2012, 9:18 am Post #5 - November 19th, 2012, 9:18 am
    leek wrote:Also note that Katherine does a lot of giving - she donated truffle-making classes and lots of truffles for fundraisers for the theater I am involved with, American Theater Company
    Speaking of which, this month I had the pleasure of doing a collaboration truffle between Barn & Company and Katherine Anne Confections with a donation for each truffle sold to the Illinois BBQ Alliance.

Smoked pumpkin, bittersweet chocolate, lime, bourbon, and brown sugar truffle.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #6 - February 1st, 2013, 11:27 am
    Post #6 - February 1st, 2013, 11:27 am Post #6 - February 1st, 2013, 11:27 am
    With yesterday's cold weather, I decided to stop by and have a cup of hot chocolate at Katherine Ann's Confections (2745 W Armitage www.katherine-anne.com ). This was NOT the watery Swiss Miss hot cocoa that I grew up with, this was a lush, rich, luxurious bittersweet hot chocolate served in a large mug w/homemade whipped cream. While not quite as thick as the hot chocolate I've had in Europe, Katherine Ann's version is light years ahead of anything I've had in the U.S. The cup of hot chocolate was sure a great thing to have on a cold day like today. The owner Katherine stated that there is approx 6 truffles worth of chocolate in one cup! (she and her associate yesterday were terrific to talk to) Katherine Ann's serves quite a variety of hot chocolates (approx 7 varieties), from bittersweet to milk, Mexican spicing, and on & on.
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #7 - February 1st, 2013, 4:05 pm
    Post #7 - February 1st, 2013, 4:05 pm Post #7 - February 1st, 2013, 4:05 pm
    The hot chocolate is pretty spectacular and now that you can do a flight of 3 different ones, you can try multiples without going into a full diabetic coma (only a partial one). My friend and I stopped in on our way back from Calumet Fisheries a couple of weeks ago. We split 3 or 4 truffles (don't remember which ones) and the flight of hot chocolate. We tried Milk Chocolate with a Coffee marshmallow, Hazelnut with a Vanilla marshmallow and Salted Caramel with (of course) a Salted Caramel marshmallow. Each one was outstanding but for me the Hazelnut was the best and Salted Caramel second.
  • Post #8 - October 23rd, 2013, 5:37 pm
    Post #8 - October 23rd, 2013, 5:37 pm Post #8 - October 23rd, 2013, 5:37 pm
    Now that the weather is cooling off (aka suddenly it's winter), I've been craving hot chocolate from Katherine Anne. I finally got there today, and it lived up to memory. I got the milk chocolate hot chocolate topped with whipped cream. It's extremely rich, and I certainly couldn't finish the whole thing. My only little quibble is just that, although I realized that this is really high quality stuff, $7 for a cup of hot chocolate is a little much, especially when it's so rich that it is hard to finish. But still, delicious and I will definitely be back.
    They also have croissants from Beurrage. Based on reviews on LTH, I was really excited to finally try one. It was pretty much a perfect croissant. Also, note to self: this is not a croissant to eat in the car since now there are shards of croissant everywhere :)
    I also noticed that they now have a few salads and two sandwiches on the menu. (including a burrata caprese sandwich. that combined with hot chocolate is probably your fat content for the week, but yum!)
  • Post #9 - October 4th, 2016, 6:26 am
    Post #9 - October 4th, 2016, 6:26 am Post #9 - October 4th, 2016, 6:26 am
    following from an email I received:
    {start}
    Yes. For real. We've been in this crazy, chocolate-and-sugar-infused world for 10 years! We are here because of you, amazing customers, so thank you. THANK you, from the bottom of our hearts for supporting our wild dream to make some of the best confections the Midwest has to offer!

We decided to celebrate with a pig roast. Why not? We roped in Scott Manley from Danke / Table Donkey & Stick to make the pig 'n' sides, while Ale Syndicate is bringing a keg o' delicious brews. We'll have wine to pair, and an extensive sweets table with more sweets than anyone could possibly eat.

Because that wasn't quite enough, we're also doing pop-up events throughout the day - a hot chocolate bar, cocktail shaking with FEW Spirits, wine/chocolate pairing, and truffle rolling. The company should be pretty fun, too.

Tickets are $40 (kids 12 and under are free) and available here.

Saturday October 15
    12pm - 9pm
    2745 W. Armitage
    $40.

Link for tickets: https://www.katherine-anne.com/10years
    {end}
    -
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #10 - August 1st, 2022, 6:28 am
    Post #10 - August 1st, 2022, 6:28 am Post #10 - August 1st, 2022, 6:28 am
    Logan Square Chocolate Shop Katherine Anne Confections Will Open 2nd Location In Irving Park Next Year

https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/07/29 ... next-year/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #11 - August 1st, 2022, 9:05 am
    Post #11 - August 1st, 2022, 9:05 am Post #11 - August 1st, 2022, 9:05 am
    Dave148 wrote:
    Logan Square Chocolate Shop Katherine Anne Confections Will Open 2nd Location In Irving Park Next Year

https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/07/29 ... next-year/

Congrats to Katherine Anne! Very nice news. :)

=R=
    Same planet, different world

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more