LTH Home

35-Bronzeville-IIT plus 15 minutes

35-Bronzeville-IIT plus 15 minutes
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - August 12th, 2017, 11:48 am
    Post #31 - August 12th, 2017, 11:48 am Post #31 - August 12th, 2017, 11:48 am
    Mariano's at MLK & Pershing is open.
    Ava-"If you get down and out, just get in the kitchen and bake a cake."- Jean Strickland

Horto In Urbs- Falling in love with Urban Vegetable Gardening
  • Post #32 - August 12th, 2017, 1:00 pm
    Post #32 - August 12th, 2017, 1:00 pm Post #32 - August 12th, 2017, 1:00 pm
    Santander wrote:Finally, it would be fun to connect with you or other South Side workers sometime at Love Taco , which I have not yet visited.

That would be fun! A LTH South Side Lunch Group thing.
    I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~ Jason Love

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I write stuff.
  • Post #33 - August 12th, 2017, 1:01 pm
    Post #33 - August 12th, 2017, 1:01 pm Post #33 - August 12th, 2017, 1:01 pm
    pairs4life wrote:Mariano's at MLK & Pershing is open.

Oo! And a way for me to get my shopping done on my lunch break...?
    I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~ Jason Love

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I write stuff.
  • Post #34 - August 18th, 2017, 2:51 pm
    Post #34 - August 18th, 2017, 2:51 pm Post #34 - August 18th, 2017, 2:51 pm
    In my continuing series about what folks get for lunch at my office.

Tacos Erendira - Decent Mexican. Has been there forever.
    3207 S Halsted St

Lawrence's Fish and Shrimp - I like the place. Shrimp and clams are good. Some people complain about too much breading.
    2120 S Canal St

De Michaels Market - Small market with a sandwich counter. Decent sandwiches, but don't drive too far for this place.
    42 E 26th S

Ferro's - Another Italian quick food place. One of my coworkers loves the place. It seems more of the same to me.
    200 W 31st St

Zaytune Mediterranean Grill - Good Mediterranean food. I'm not sure how authentic the herb fries are, but very tasty.
    3129 S Morgan St
  • Post #35 - April 14th, 2021, 6:57 pm
    Post #35 - April 14th, 2021, 6:57 pm Post #35 - April 14th, 2021, 6:57 pm
    Bobby Morelli is the sausage king of Bronzeville. A father-and-daughter team sling loaded wieners from a storage container.

https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/b ... d=87808717
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #36 - June 28th, 2021, 7:19 am
    Post #36 - June 28th, 2021, 7:19 am Post #36 - June 28th, 2021, 7:19 am
    Bronzeville’s Little Sandwich House Offers Good Food, A TikTok-Famous Barista And Sense Of Community

https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/06/28 ... community/
  • Post #37 - January 18th, 2023, 8:24 am
    Post #37 - January 18th, 2023, 8:24 am Post #37 - January 18th, 2023, 8:24 am
    Two Fish Crab Shack Planning $9 Million Bronzeville Expansion With Rooftop Cafe — And Housing

https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/01/17 ... d-housing/
  • Post #38 - February 26th, 2023, 8:20 pm
    Post #38 - February 26th, 2023, 8:20 pm Post #38 - February 26th, 2023, 8:20 pm
    We enjoyed a meet up with friends for dinner at Bronzeville Winery last night. It had been a long time since we’d been to Bronzeville - maybe 6 or 7 years. Lots of noticeable changes. There is a palpable vibrancy to the neighborhood and Bronzeville Winery seems to be a hub. The hosts gave us a very friendly, warm welcome.
    Cod fritters and Moroccan carrots were the standout appetizers for our group. The praline biscuits were less successful and remained unfinished. 3 of the 6 of of us had the burgers and were very happy with their choice. Daughter got the brick oven roasted Mac & cheese and gave it a thumbs up. My rosemary potato flatbread pizzette was crispy and flavorful and yielded leftovers for another meal down the road. It was a very generous portion and could be shared as an entree along with a salad.
    We really liked the music and vibe during our meal. There was a DJ but the volume was not overpowering and we conversed easily. The place was packed and everyone seemed to be happily enjoying themselves. Service was really great - our server brought us a complimentary round of bubbly (after we had placed our orders.)
    One caveat, I thought the prices were just a bit too high, even given the current inflation/market. A few of the wine prices were almost laughable. So much so that I opted for a beer, which worked just fine with my flatbread.
    Great to wander off our well-traveled usual restaurant route…

Bronzeville Winery
    4420 S Cottage Grove
  • Post #39 - February 26th, 2023, 8:43 pm
    Post #39 - February 26th, 2023, 8:43 pm Post #39 - February 26th, 2023, 8:43 pm
    Point of clarification: Up until this last post, this discussion was only about weekday lunch options in that area on the south side. Other than Sunday brunch, Bronzeville Winery is only open for dinner.
  • Post #40 - May 5th, 2023, 6:02 pm
    Post #40 - May 5th, 2023, 6:02 pm Post #40 - May 5th, 2023, 6:02 pm
    LynnB wrote:We enjoyed a meet up with friends for dinner at Bronzeville Winery last night. It had been a long time since we’d been to Bronzeville - maybe 6 or 7 years. Lots of noticeable changes. There is a palpable vibrancy to the neighborhood and Bronzeville Winery seems to be a hub. The hosts gave us a very friendly, warm welcome.
    Cod fritters and Moroccan carrots were the standout appetizers for our group. The praline biscuits were less successful and remained unfinished. 3 of the 6 of of us had the burgers and were very happy with their choice. Daughter got the brick oven roasted Mac & cheese and gave it a thumbs up. My rosemary potato flatbread pizzette was crispy and flavorful and yielded leftovers for another meal down the road. It was a very generous portion and could be shared as an entree along with a salad.
    We really liked the music and vibe during our meal. There was a DJ but the volume was not overpowering and we conversed easily. The place was packed and everyone seemed to be happily enjoying themselves. Service was really great - our server brought us a complimentary round of bubbly (after we had placed our orders.)
    One caveat, I thought the prices were just a bit too high, even given the current inflation/market. A few of the wine prices were almost laughable. So much so that I opted for a beer, which worked just fine with my flatbread.
    Great to wander off our well-traveled usual restaurant route…

Bronzeville Winery
    4420 S Cottage Grove

Lamar Moore is the new executive chef of the upscale South Side restaurant

https://chicago.eater.com/2023/5/5/2371 ... amar-moore

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles