LTH Home

real fish tacos down south [Tacos del Pacifico ]

real fish tacos down south [Tacos del Pacifico ]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 5
  • Post #31 - October 4th, 2005, 5:53 pm
    Post #31 - October 4th, 2005, 5:53 pm Post #31 - October 4th, 2005, 5:53 pm
    GWiv, nice pictures! I'm glad that all of you had a good time on Sunday. We had an excellent lunch there on Saturday. I tried the octopus taco (dare I say tako taco?), which was okay, filled with pieces of baby ocotopi. The shrimp and scallop tacos were stellar. I think this was the first time we didn't order at least one fish taco.
    G Wiv wrote:Pacifico's ceviche tostada was quite good, especially with the Sazerac recommended addition of Salsa Huichol...

Actually that's the house recommendation. The first time I was there, I was given the salsa huichol specifically for the ceviche tostada and the chile de arbol salsa when the tacos were brought out.

TdP may not be open too much longer (at least not in the present location). After we ate, we chatted with Martha and asked how business was. We were the only ones there at that point and she said it was quite slow. She hasn't renewed her lease for another year but is operating a month at a time. The problem is they don't have much of a clientele from the nearby area. They are considering opening elsewhere, possibly somewhere on Pulaski near Midway. If someone knowledgeable has suggestions, do please let them know. She was perplexed as to why the 'Mexican' population isn't more receptive to seafood and fish tacos...

G Wiv wrote:Tacos del Pacifico is a perfect example of simple fresh ingredients combined with care, experience and a bit of love can yield results far beyond the sum of their parts.

Amen to that! Martha takes great pride in the food she serves, and rightly so. She said everybody has their problems and all that, so when they come to her place, she'd like to serve them the best and freshest food with a smile and happy face and she wants them to enjoy their meal. It is getting harder for her to continue operating and that is very sad. She did assure me that when she moved, she'd let her 'online' customers know. :)

G Wiv wrote:... but it's the Crispy Scallop Taco I'm still thinking about this morning.

There are a few places that have food that I can get a sudden craving for at any time of the day. I think you know exactly how I feel about these tacos :)
  • Post #32 - October 24th, 2005, 9:26 am
    Post #32 - October 24th, 2005, 9:26 am Post #32 - October 24th, 2005, 9:26 am
    (This is a continuation of a serial post from here.)

I've been dying to make the big trek down to the far southeast side of Chicago for the fish tacos and pupusas, and Sunday was the day. I recruited GWiv to go with, and he recruited ReneG to meet us down there by CTA. He also turned up carrying a box of old school coffee cake from a place called Vesecky's in Berwyn, which we enjoyed as an appetizer-- the prune and poppy seed portions were both especially good. (We also gave some to the 9-year-old waitress who is, really, one of the best waitresses in Chicago, no joke.)

Now, what can I add to the above except that you must, must, MUST make this trek, unlikely as it seems, for these tacos? Especially the scallop one, with its flecks of pepper throughout, really, one of the best things I've had in recent memory. Get a lot, eat 'em while they're hot. This is an important find.

Our next stop was going to be the pupusa place, but they didn't open (reopen?) for the day for another hour, so we decided to explore this unknown corner of the city a little. First we swung by Club 81 Too; the kids and I played around the edge of Wolf Lake while Gary and Rene looked inside this Wisconsin lodgey-type place, so they'll have to report on that, or maybe we just need to hold off until we've been there for a fish fry or ribeye. We visited the Serbian monastery Rene has mentioned, and then toodled around Hegewisch, which is really a small town in the middle of the city, and stopped for a Coke in a bar where time has stopped, Steve's, immediately lowering the median age by 25 years.

Rene had a line on a Polish deli in Hegewisch but by now it was merely a mini mart with, however, cevapcici in a freezer case. GWiv inexplicably resisted buying a 45-pack.

Next stop, pupusas.
    Watch Sky Full of Bacon, the Chicago food HD podcast!
    New episode: Soil, Corn, Cows and Cheese
    Watch the Reader's James Beard Award-winning Key Ingredient here.
  • Post #33 - November 3rd, 2005, 9:49 am
    Post #33 - November 3rd, 2005, 9:49 am Post #33 - November 3rd, 2005, 9:49 am
    Antonius and I finally made it down to Tacos del Pacifico, and enjoyed our meal very much, especially the taco dorado with scallops. The owner asked right away if we had read about her place on the internet! She's really amazed and gratified by the business she has gotten through the write ups here -- especially the person who drove all the way from Indianapolis to eat at her restaurant. But overall, they are not doing well enough to keep going. Unless things pick up soon, this will be their last month, at least at the present location.

She did tell us, though, that a listing for their restaurant is scheduled to appear in a future issue of Time Out Chicago, so perhaps that will bring in enough new customers to help them hang on.

Also, since the fish and seafood tacos take some time to prepare once ordered, she encourages people to call in their order ahead and it will be ready for you soon after you arrive.

Phone: 773-221-1143

If you've been meaning to go try Tacos del Pacifico, now is the time to do it. It is worth the drive.

Amata
  • Post #34 - November 3rd, 2005, 10:13 am
    Post #34 - November 3rd, 2005, 10:13 am Post #34 - November 3rd, 2005, 10:13 am
    But overall, they are not doing well enough to keep going.

I hope they move, then. I can't believe they wouldn't do bangup business in a more concentrated Latino neighborhood. Yes, go! Go! Eat there now!
  • Post #35 - November 3rd, 2005, 10:28 am
    Post #35 - November 3rd, 2005, 10:28 am Post #35 - November 3rd, 2005, 10:28 am
    Mike G wrote:
    But overall, they are not doing well enough to keep going.

I hope they move, then. I can't believe they wouldn't do bangup business in a more concentrated Latino neighborhood. Yes, go! Go! Eat there now!

I'm planning to drive over tomorrow for lunch. With any luck Gwiv may join me. Does anyone else want to meet? If so, we can set a time early this evening.
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

Raw meat should NOT have an ingredients list!!
  • Post #36 - November 3rd, 2005, 12:51 pm
    Post #36 - November 3rd, 2005, 12:51 pm Post #36 - November 3rd, 2005, 12:51 pm

I hope they move next door to me. This is the best Mexican restaurant I've been to (including Frontera, El Milagro, La Quebrada, La Cazuela, et al). I guarantee we would eat there two or three times a week if it was nearby. The last time my wife and I ate there we drove around the far southside and nw Indiana for an hour afterwards unable to talk about anything but how much we love their tacos and fantasizing about winning the lottery so be could finance their operation. Really, it is that good.
  • Post #37 - November 3rd, 2005, 10:46 pm
    Post #37 - November 3rd, 2005, 10:46 pm Post #37 - November 3rd, 2005, 10:46 pm
    Amata wrote:Antonius and I finally made it down to Tacos del Pacifico, and enjoyed our meal very much, especially the taco dorado with scallops. The owner asked right away if we had read about her place on the internet! She's really amazed and gratified by the business she has gotten through the write ups here -- especially the person who drove all the way from Indianapolis to eat at her restaurant. But overall, they are not doing well enough to keep going. Unless things pick up soon, this will be their last month, at least at the present location.
    Amata

Made it down there on Sunday with a couple of non-foodie friends (one of whom,
    BTW, said afterwards that it was the best taco he had ever eaten in his
    life).

BTW, Ive now been a half-dozen times or more - usually fairly close to their
    closing times on Saturday or Sunday. It has never been busy - usually one or
    at best two other tables occupied. However, this Sunday we made it at
    about 3pm, and were the only table occupied when we got there.... and
    then, about halfway thru our meal, it suddenly filled up! By the time we
    were approaching the end of our meal, all the tables were occupied, all
    the stools at the counters were occupied (we had one kid in a high-chair,
    so they borrowed our spare chair, since every other chair was taken),
    and there were even a couple people standing around waiting! First time
    Ive ever seen that sort of crowd at TDP, and was very encouraged by
    it all.

And if theyre going to move... since everyone is throwing in their two cents
    worth, I will too. I suggest the North Side - Evanston or Skokie or maybe
    near Rogers Park or Devon :-)

c8w

P.S. BTW, picked up a bottle of Salsa Huichol, they are stocked up on it
    again and were willing to sell a bottle.
  • Post #38 - November 3rd, 2005, 11:02 pm
    Post #38 - November 3rd, 2005, 11:02 pm Post #38 - November 3rd, 2005, 11:02 pm
    Yes, Martha reported that business on Saturdays is good, sometimes Sundays too, just not during the week. Perhaps part of the problem is their early closing hour (7 pm), which makes it essentially a lunch time spot on weekdays. There may not be enough of a lunch time crowd around there, and the food at TdP is not "fast food" which people with a limited lunch break might be looking for. Of course, if they tried to stay open later in the evening it would be a strain on the family, since they are doing everything themselves there...

Mike G wrote: I can't believe they wouldn't do bangup business in a more concentrated Latino neighborhood.

Actually, their current neighborhood is almost completely Mexican. But I too hope they move to a neighborhood closer to us!
  • Post #39 - November 3rd, 2005, 11:24 pm
    Post #39 - November 3rd, 2005, 11:24 pm Post #39 - November 3rd, 2005, 11:24 pm
    Actually, their current neighborhood is almost completely Mexican.

But what it's not, judging by the look of it, is nearly as densely populated as many other Mexican neighborhoods. What I'm saying is, they'd have a better chance in a busier, denser (and more accessible) area.
  • Post #40 - November 4th, 2005, 7:51 am
    Post #40 - November 4th, 2005, 7:51 am Post #40 - November 4th, 2005, 7:51 am
    I'm saying is, they'd have a better chance in a busier, denser (and more accessible) area.

That advice has certainly done wonders for Honey 1.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #41 - November 4th, 2005, 8:23 am
    Post #41 - November 4th, 2005, 8:23 am Post #41 - November 4th, 2005, 8:23 am
    Gwiv and I are meeting for lunch at 11:30 today at:

Tacos del Pacifico
    3544 E. 106th St
    Chicago, Il 60617
    773-221-1143

Feel free to join us for lunch.
    My cell # is 574-276-8805

Followed up by a dessert of smoked shrimp at:

Calumet Fisheries
    3259 E. 95th St
    Chicago, Il 60617

Further exploring may be an option afterwards.
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

• Post #42 - November 4th, 2005, 3:58 pm
    Post #42 - November 4th, 2005, 3:58 pm Post #42 - November 4th, 2005, 3:58 pm
    Bruce: How was your lunch? I have been reading the posts and sort of walk around with my heart in my throat knowing that this wonderful family business is struggling. (I should add that I have not been able to make it back since my original post, not that I haven't wanted to, hello scallop taco I think of you often, but life and a job and a toddler make it hard to get to that end of the city.)

I tell everyone I can, I just hope business picks up and gets more consistent. Anyhow, I'd love to hear about your meal, I can live vicariously through LTH gatherings if I can't get there myself. (I'm also considering calling her to see if they'd do a fish taco party for my husband's 40th but I dion't know, that fryer doesn't look so portable . . .)

cheers.

bjt
    "eating is an agricultural act" wendell berry
  • Post #43 - November 4th, 2005, 4:26 pm
    Post #43 - November 4th, 2005, 4:26 pm Post #43 - November 4th, 2005, 4:26 pm
    bjt wrote:Bruce: How was your lunch? I have been reading the posts and sort of walk around with my heart in my throat knowing that this wonderful family business is struggling. (I should add that I have not been able to make it back since my original post, not that I haven't wanted to, hello scallop taco I think of you often, but life and a job and a toddler make it hard to get to that end of the city.)

I tell everyone I can, I just hope business picks up and gets more consistent. Anyhow, I'd love to hear about your meal, I can live vicariously through LTH gatherings if I can't get there myself. (I'm also considering calling her to see if they'd do a fish taco party for my husband's 40th but I dion't know, that fryer doesn't look so portable . . .)

cheers.

bjt

I can't choose a word to describe it so I went to the online thesauras, typed in excellent and came up with all of these: A1, bang-up, banner, boss [slang], capital, classic, crackerjack, dandy, divine, fabulous, fine, first-class, first-rate, grand, great, groovy, heavenly, jim-dandy, keen, marvelous (or marvellous), mean, neat, nifty, noble, par excellence, prime, sensational, splendid, stellar, sterling, superb, superior, superlative, supernal, swell, terrific, tip-top, top, top-notch, unsurpassed, wonderful.

I skipped out on work today and drove over from South Bend to meet Gwiv, Pigmon, eatchicago, petit pois, Kasia and her son Joe for an impromptu lunch at Tacos del Pacifico. I arrived about a half hour early and grabbed a quick crisp taco with scallops. My god it was great. I spent the next 20 minutes fighting the cravings to be impolite and pig out before the others arrived. After everyone arrived we placed an order for 19 various tacos, including mixed seafood, seafood, scallop, shrimp, and octopus. Most of the tacos were crisp shells but a few were soft shelled. All were great. Well worth the 3 hour drive, $6.00 in tolls, $30 in gas, for a lunch under $10 including tip.

Afterwards, a quick trip to Calumet Fisheries for smoked shrimp which were very good. We also split ½ orders of fried oysters and scallops, but they didn’t touch the great tacos.

Tacos del Pacifico
    3544 E. 106th St
    Chicago, IL
    773-221-1143
    Tues-Sat 10am-7pm
    Sun-10am-5pm
    Closed Mon.

Calumet Fisheries
    3259 E 95th St
    Chicago
    773-933-9855
    Open 7 days a week
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

• Post #44 - November 4th, 2005, 4:34 pm
    Post #44 - November 4th, 2005, 4:34 pm Post #44 - November 4th, 2005, 4:34 pm
    Bruce wrote:A1, bang-up, banner, boss [slang], capital, classic, crackerjack, dandy, divine, fabulous, fine, first-class, first-rate, grand, great, groovy, heavenly, jim-dandy, keen, marvelous (or marvellous), mean, neat, nifty, noble, par excellence, prime, sensational, splendid, stellar, sterling, superb, superior, superlative, supernal, swell, terrific, tip-top, top, top-notch, unsurpassed, wonderful.

Sounds pretty good.

I'm planning on paying them a visit for lunch on Sunday. I'm very excited about it (although I still need to sweet talk my better half into giving me a lift - wish me luck) - I've never been to this part of Chicago before, so it should be a nice little Sunday adventure.
  • Post #45 - November 4th, 2005, 4:38 pm
    Post #45 - November 4th, 2005, 4:38 pm Post #45 - November 4th, 2005, 4:38 pm
    If you go on Sunday, and have hopes of pupusas as well (they're right across the street, almost), note that the pupusa place doesn't open till 2:30.

On the other hand, more stomach room for fish tacos!
  • Post #46 - November 5th, 2005, 6:44 pm
    Post #46 - November 5th, 2005, 6:44 pm Post #46 - November 5th, 2005, 6:44 pm
    This afternoon we had an afternoon party to go to in Beverly, so the obvious choice for lunch beforehand was Tacos del Pacifico. No, seriously, we knew that TdP is NOWHERE NEAR Beverly, it’s about 7 miles east, but it was a good excuse anyway.

Let me add to all of the good things said above that if you go on a weekend you should definitely order the ceviche tostada, which was outstanding. The ceviche is made with tilapia, pounded (?) till it’s in shreds. I think it’s the best ceviche I’ve had outside of Mexico, really nicely balanced and garnished with slices of perfectly ripe avocado. (In other words, as good as or better than the ceviche at Frontera, for example.) Alongside the ceviche Martha provided a small cup of Salsa Guacamaya, made in Culiacán, Sinaloa, which is a mild, cocktail-like sauce. It was an excellent accompaniment, and the scallop taco which followed it was wonderful too.

We had hoped to continue lunching with a pupusa or two across the street, but our five-year-old was having such a good time playing cars with Martha’s four-year-old that we didn’t have the heart to tear him away. Besides, it will be great to have another excuse to drive down to 106th Street again soon.
  • Post #47 - November 5th, 2005, 7:01 pm
    Post #47 - November 5th, 2005, 7:01 pm Post #47 - November 5th, 2005, 7:01 pm
    Amata wrote:This afternoon we had an afternoon party to go to in Beverly, so the obvious choice for lunch beforehand was Tacos del Pacifico...

Incidentally, the fish in the fish tacos is also tilapia.

Marta also gave us her own homemade and flavoured crema -- available only sometimes -- to put on our tacos and it was really delicious.

Hey BJT:

Muchas gracias. Great find. Now let's hope the move doesn't take too long.

Antonius
    Alle Nerven exzitiert von dem gewürzten Wein -- Anwandlung von Todesahndungen -- Doppeltgänger --
    - aus dem Tagebuch E.T.A. Hoffmanns, 6. Januar 1804.
    ________
    Na sir is na seachain an cath.
  • Post #48 - November 6th, 2005, 9:41 am
    Post #48 - November 6th, 2005, 9:41 am Post #48 - November 6th, 2005, 9:41 am
    Bruce wrote:Afterwards, a quick trip to Calumet Fisheries for smoked shrimp which were very good. We also split ½ orders of fried oysters and scallops, but they didn’t touch the great tacos.

Bruce,

Tacos de Pacifico was, as always, tremendous, if I had a more artistic bend I'd write a poem about TdP's crisp scallop taco. :) The only somewhat disconcerting aspect was Martha told us she only sold 30 tacos, in total, the day before. I'm thinking her total was a little higher on Friday as, in typical LTH fashion, we ordered 19 between the 6 of us. :)

One thing I always enjoy about LTH short notice lunch/dinners is, for lack of a better term, the walk-in/last minute decision to go person, in this case Kasia and her son Joe. It was really enjoyable to sit in the sunlit room chatting amongst the 6 of us, with an occasional comment thrown in by Joe, though he was pretty well occupied by the crackers.

Calumet Fisheries is a terrific place, though the smoked items are the thing to focus on. Smoked shrimp is always a treat, but the hunk of smoked pepper salmon I brought home was equally as good. Lightly smoked, moist, just a little oily, in a good way, and liberal coating of rough crushed black pepper. Chubs are very good as well and the pepper trout looked great. I was less than enamored with Calumet Fisheries fried oysters and scallops.

Calumet Fisheries

Really glad you drove in from South Bend, and it sounds like you got home faster than I did. :) :shock:

Enjoy,
    Gary
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #49 - November 6th, 2005, 12:03 pm
    Post #49 - November 6th, 2005, 12:03 pm Post #49 - November 6th, 2005, 12:03 pm
    Couldn't agree more on Calumet Fisheries. All of their smoked product is great with the shrimp being the real show stoppers. The last time I had the fried oysters at Calumet they were more like large clams hidden in the breading.
    Whoda thunk it, crispy scallop tacos and smoked shrimp. Some of Chicagos best seafood right in the middle of a toxic wasteland.
  • Post #50 - November 6th, 2005, 7:18 pm
    Post #50 - November 6th, 2005, 7:18 pm Post #50 - November 6th, 2005, 7:18 pm
    Seemed to be doing pretty good business today. We had to wait about 15 minutes to sit down. Everything was outstanding except they were out of octopus.
  • Post #51 - November 6th, 2005, 11:15 pm
    Post #51 - November 6th, 2005, 11:15 pm Post #51 - November 6th, 2005, 11:15 pm
    G Wiv wrote: The only somewhat disconcerting aspect was Martha told us she only sold 30 tacos, in total, the day before.

I dunno about that...I was there Saturday for lunch, and between myself and my girlfriend we had 6, plus a ceviche. We asked for another ceviche halfway through eating, but they were out. We did end up scoring 2 bottles of the hot sauce...good stuff. It's got a great kick to it, it's just spicy enough to make you need some water, but not bad enough to ruin what you're eating. Anyway, just before we left, someone came in and had a takeout order of 20 tacos. That's 26, plus there were 2 other tables there. Not calling her a liar or anything...like others have said she and her daughter are real sweethearts. Maybe she forgot about the take-out order.
  • Post #52 - November 7th, 2005, 6:08 am
    Post #52 - November 7th, 2005, 6:08 am Post #52 - November 7th, 2005, 6:08 am
    aaydemi wrote:I dunno about that...I was there Saturday for lunch,

Aaydemi,

I may have wrote the post on Sunday, but I was there Friday so that makes the day before Thursday. I think it's very possible, even likely, Tacos de Pacifico sold only 30-tacos, total, Thursday.

The chronology may have been confusing as I was responding to Bruce's post, who I met at Tacos del Pacifico on Friday, along with other LTHers.

Don't be so cynical.

Enjoy,
    Gary
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #53 - November 7th, 2005, 8:12 am
    Post #53 - November 7th, 2005, 8:12 am Post #53 - November 7th, 2005, 8:12 am
    G Wiv wrote: I think it's very possible, even likely, Tacos de Pacifico sold only 30-tacos, total, Thursday.

Indeed, very possible. According to Marta when we spoke with her on an extremely un-busy Wednesday, weekdays are quite slow, though Fridays can sometimes be good. Saturdays and Sundays seem to be what have kept TdP afloat.

Antonius
    Alle Nerven exzitiert von dem gewürzten Wein -- Anwandlung von Todesahndungen -- Doppeltgänger --
    - aus dem Tagebuch E.T.A. Hoffmanns, 6. Januar 1804.
    ________
    Na sir is na seachain an cath.
  • Post #54 - November 7th, 2005, 1:04 pm
    Post #54 - November 7th, 2005, 1:04 pm Post #54 - November 7th, 2005, 1:04 pm
    Antonius wrote:
    G Wiv wrote: I think it's very possible, even likely, Tacos de Pacifico sold only 30-tacos, total, Thursday.

Indeed, very possible. According to Marta when we spoke with her on an extremely un-busy Wednesday, weekdays are quite slow, though Fridays can sometimes be good. Saturdays and Sundays seem to be what have kept TdP afloat.

Antonius

I may not have much to do Friday so I'll try to zip over for lunch again. I also want to visit the Chicago Pow Wow this weekend. 2 Chicago trips it 2 days.
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

• Post #55 - November 9th, 2005, 1:48 pm
    Post #55 - November 9th, 2005, 1:48 pm Post #55 - November 9th, 2005, 1:48 pm
    Better go soon. Tacos del Pacifico, according to Marta, will be closing at this site November 29.

By the way along with all the other wonderful stuff on the menu as reported above, we also decided to splurge on the Coctel de Camaron (at $10!). It's kind of like a shrimp gazpacho, and was wonderful-- easily splittable among two people.

Hopefully TdP will open elsewhere soon after 11/29.

Also, best way to get there from say LSD: South on Stoney Island/SE on S. Chicago/E on 95th/S on Ewing/W on 106th.
    "The fork with two prongs is in use in northern Europe. In England, they’re armed with a steel trident, a fork with three prongs. In France we have a fork with four prongs; it’s the height of civilization." Eugene Briffault (1846)
  • Post #56 - November 9th, 2005, 6:32 pm
    Post #56 - November 9th, 2005, 6:32 pm Post #56 - November 9th, 2005, 6:32 pm
    That is unfortunate news. I really, really hope they reopen at a location where they can prosper for many years. In the meantime, I hope gas prices keep dropping 'cause I'll be heading down there a few times in the next three weeks.
  • Post #57 - November 9th, 2005, 7:44 pm
    Post #57 - November 9th, 2005, 7:44 pm Post #57 - November 9th, 2005, 7:44 pm
    tapler wrote:That is unfortunate news. I really, really hope they reopen at a location where they can prosper for many years. In the meantime, I hope gas prices keep dropping 'cause I'll be heading down there a few times in the next three weeks.

Ditto, I just learned I don't have to work Friday, so I may just head over again.
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

• Post #58 - November 11th, 2005, 4:39 pm
    Post #58 - November 11th, 2005, 4:39 pm Post #58 - November 11th, 2005, 4:39 pm
    Just got back from TdP and had to concur with everyone else, these are just outstanding tacos. I had a fish, scallop and shrimp, and all the great. I made the mistake of biting off half of the halepeno in the basket, and almost had to call 911. WOW.

Martha said she has her house up for sale, and is looking to move near Midway. I hope they make the move. Midway is ALOT easier to get to than east 106th.

Best of luck the them.
  • Post #59 - November 11th, 2005, 4:56 pm
    Post #59 - November 11th, 2005, 4:56 pm Post #59 - November 11th, 2005, 4:56 pm
    Snicky wrote:
    Martha said she has her house up for sale, and is looking to move near Midway. I hope they make the move. Midway is ALOT easier to get to than east 106th.

Best of luck the them.

Not for me, I'm coming from South Bend, IN :D

Maybe we should try to have a "Best Wishes" meal for them on the Sunday before. I would be glad to come over and eat tacos to help them have a highly profitable last day to help them out until they open.
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

• Post #60 - November 11th, 2005, 5:00 pm
    Post #60 - November 11th, 2005, 5:00 pm Post #60 - November 11th, 2005, 5:00 pm
    Snicky wrote:Just got back from TdP and had to concur with everyone else, these are just outstanding tacos. I had a fish, scallop and shrimp, and all the great. I made the mistake of biting off half of the halepeno in the basket, and almost had to call 911. WOW.

Best of luck the them.

I finally visited TdP yesterday. I ordered the same combination too. The fish taco I ordered soft and the scallop and shrimp crispy. All I can say is yum. My one complaint is that 20 minutes is a long time to wait for 3 tacos.

On a sidenote Marta instantly asked if I had heard of TdP from LTH the moment I walked up to the counter.
    "Beer is proof God loves us, and wants us to be Happy"
    -Ben Franklin-

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more