LTH Home

Ground Control - vegan and vegetarian

Ground Control - vegan and vegetarian
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Ground Control - vegan and vegetarian

Post #1 - December 3rd, 2017, 12:10 pm
    Post #1 - December 3rd, 2017, 12:10 pm Post #1 - December 3rd, 2017, 12:10 pm
    Kind of surprised to not see a Ground Control thread.

Been a few times and always a good experience. Some faves are the fried greed tomatoes, jibarito (love the house made seitan, and the zesty salad. The old maiden is a great lunch cocktail.

Very friendly servers.

Only wish is for more entree dinner options, which are mainly tacos, and the wine list is extremely brief (which I can get around if they would allow me to bring wine with a corkage).

Ground Control
    3315 W Armitage
    Chicago, IL 60647
    http://www.groundcontrolchicago.com
  • Post #2 - April 4th, 2020, 1:02 pm
    Post #2 - April 4th, 2020, 1:02 pm Post #2 - April 4th, 2020, 1:02 pm
    We went on a great walk yesterday late afternoon in Logan and thought we would order Thai or Indian and pick up on our way home. Our daughter told us about Chef Bill organizing deliveries from Amitabul into Logan, Bucktown, Wicker, and Humboldt tonight, on Saturday. We wanted to support it, so changed our mind about Thai.

Wife suggested Ground Control over Indian, which was shocking for her, but we hadn't been in for sometime, so fine by me.

Split a zesty salad (always really good). She had the wasabi portobello sandwich, which she liked, and I had their excellent jibarito, with house made seitan. We both ordered the Brussels sprouts for our sides.

They seemed to be busy and I asked the waitress/host/cashier/bartender/everything-but-cook how business was and she said it was a lot busier than it had been, which was good to hear. Everyone who came in was practicing distancing and everyone seemed in a cheerful mood.

An observation regarding Door Dash. A delivery guy comes in and said he had two separate orders for pick up. She bought one out and asked him to return for the second since it would be quite some time for the next order. He refused and was going to wait. The chef came out and insisted he leave since it would be more than 15 minutes, at a minimum. Not good for the restaurant, nor for the person with the first order. I have yet to use a delivery service, and will not unless there is no option for me to get on my own. I also have an issue with the extremely high fees they are charging the small, independently owned restaurants.
  • Post #3 - January 18th, 2023, 4:41 pm
    Post #3 - January 18th, 2023, 4:41 pm Post #3 - January 18th, 2023, 4:41 pm
    Ground Control Closing Vegan Restaurant After 10 Years In Logan Square

https://flip.it/lUJylu
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles