LTH Home

JMC Szechuan aka Szechwan JMC Chinese Kitchen

JMC Szechuan aka Szechwan JMC Chinese Kitchen
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - November 20th, 2019, 5:43 pm
    Post #31 - November 20th, 2019, 5:43 pm Post #31 - November 20th, 2019, 5:43 pm
    botd wrote:The gong bao chicken here is definitely of the tang cu (literally sugar vinegar) sweet and sour camp. But this is actually the authentic version of the dish. The use of doubanjiang seems to be a mostly American invention that skews it more toward a yu xiang style. I really like JMC's version but sugar + zhenjiang vinegar is one of my favorite flavors and the peanuts at JMC are usually divine.

That's good to know. A few years ago I had it in Chengdu and it was great. Definitely different tasting than what I'd normally had anywhere in America. Good to know JMC does it the more authentic way. Next time I'm in town I'll be sure to go there and try it.
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing
  • Post #32 - November 22nd, 2019, 10:31 am
    Post #32 - November 22nd, 2019, 10:31 am Post #32 - November 22nd, 2019, 10:31 am
    Wanting to try a new LUNCH SPECIAL place for a change-
    we went to Szechwan JMC-
    and had a fantastic meal- for $8.95 each.....(excluding these unctuous Wonton in Chili Sauce,
    ImageSzechuanJMC Chinese Kitchen- Wontons in Chile Oil Sauce 8 pc.@ $6.95 by R. Kramer, on Flickr

There are 10 items listed on the Monday through Friday Lunch Special menu-
    and I totally enjoyed L10- a Pork Belly stir-fried-Rice with chunks of Scallion and
    black bean and chilies and amazing-"flavor" :)
    I'd love to show you how it looked before I ate it-
    but- you'll just have to believe me.
    Double-Cooked Pork Fired Rice- (w/ a Chili next to it!)
    further advancing my ethnic-diner menu theory- being.
    the most vague and ambiguous the name of the dish- often's
    the best one to order.

This is what my dining companion had- who was having a great chat with her brother- and therefore wasn't as excited to eat her dish- as I was.....
    ImageMy newest favorite LUNCH-SPECIAL served at Szechwan JMC by R. Kramer, on Flickr
    That would be Lunch Special L05

The soup- that is supplied- an Egg Drop Soup- is amazingly tasty- the seaweed slimes onto my chin occasionally making for a not-so-pretty-picture...... but the temperatures smokin' hot- and the flavor of the broth is very rich.
    When asked for Spicy Mustard- that face-that is expressing-"No-Understand-Mr.-Round-Eyes"- indicated that is not a condiment that they offer- but- was pointed to the stainless jar of Chili Oil- as a Plan-B-option.
    I politely declined that addition to my rather-non-descript-Egg-Roll.

Don't miss this Lunch Special.
    We also tasted (and enjoyed) The Mapo Tofu-
    which I liked-
    much better that the one I usually enjoy at Northern City on 31st Street.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more