LTH Home

Good vegetarian options near Chinatown?

Good vegetarian options near Chinatown?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Good vegetarian options near Chinatown?

Post #1 - August 10th, 2019, 7:48 am
    Post #1 - August 10th, 2019, 7:48 am Post #1 - August 10th, 2019, 7:48 am
    Thought this forum might be a good place to ask: are there any chinese restaurants — or really any restaurant— with good vegetarian items near Chinatown and McCormick place. Heading to Windy City Playhouse next weekend with a picky vegetarian and want her to be happy. Thanks
  • Post #2 - August 14th, 2019, 8:36 pm
    Post #2 - August 14th, 2019, 8:36 pm Post #2 - August 14th, 2019, 8:36 pm
    Any Chinese restaurant in Chinatown with a big enough menu is going to have vegetable options on its menu. However, I say this with a word of caution:

Check to see what the vegetable dishes are cooked in. According to my wife at least (how she grew up - so it's just her own perspective and might not be 100% true everywhere) - meat is/was not cheap and it can't be eaten every day by many people. However, animal oil (i.e. from fat) is much cheaper - so it's sometimes used to make vegetable dishes taste better when you're cooking on days where you couldn't afford to eat meat. She says not all dishes are like this - some might not be cooked this way at all. The point of having vegetable dishes (again, according to my wife) is not to be vegetarian/non animal product conscious necessarily but it could be more economic in nature in the dish's origin and still be cooked with some sort of animal product.

Point being - even if it looks vegetarian, you should check with the restaurant to see if it's cooked with any animal fat oils.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more