LTH Home

One North Kitchen & Bar - Loop

One North Kitchen & Bar - Loop
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • One North Kitchen & Bar - Loop

Post #1 - December 29th, 2019, 4:15 pm
    Post #1 - December 29th, 2019, 4:15 pm Post #1 - December 29th, 2019, 4:15 pm
    From their web site:
    One North Kitchen and Bar will be closing for renovations and a little TLC on December 19th, 2019 for a couple of months. We will keep you posted on our progress on our Website and Facebook page. In the meantime, please join us at our sister restaurant Stock and Ledger.

I had a chat with the manager, formerly at tesori, when we had dinner here before a Saturday opera earlier this month. I noted we normally do not eat at One North before operas because our series is mostly on Fridays when the noise level is horrible. He mentioned that they would be closing for about two months for some renovation. One change is to add a wall between bar area and the main dining area for some noise isolation. Other changes are intended to reduce the noise level. He also noted that noise level is the largest source of complaints.

Looking at previous mentions of One North to see if I could find a dedicated thread, I noticed many comments about the noise level.

A lot of the old thread references date back to when Restaurants America owned One North Kitchen. Chef/owner Laura Piper improved the food and seems to be making other positive changes.

1 N Upper Wacker Dr
    Chicago, IL 60606
    (312) 750-9700
  • Post #2 - December 31st, 2019, 8:27 am
    Post #2 - December 31st, 2019, 8:27 am Post #2 - December 31st, 2019, 8:27 am
    I used to work across the street in the Opera Building when they first opened. We couldn't use them for business lunches or happy hours due to the incessent noise, unless it was pleasant summer weather and we could eat outside. It was a shame, because it was convenient and the food was much better (even under Restaurants America) than Lloyd's or Rivers used to be. We moved offices a couple of years later to within the Loop, and I hadn't had reason to be back since before I moved away from the area.

Hopefully the noise improvements will improve things.
    "Fried chicken should unify us, as opposed to tearing us apart. " - Bomani Jones
  • Post #3 - January 8th, 2020, 1:03 pm
    Post #3 - January 8th, 2020, 1:03 pm Post #3 - January 8th, 2020, 1:03 pm
    One North Kitchen is "closed for renovations" and it look like they mean it. They said to check their website and social media for reopening info by spring.
  • Post #4 - October 9th, 2021, 11:27 am
    Post #4 - October 9th, 2021, 11:27 am Post #4 - October 9th, 2021, 11:27 am
    I had a pre-opera dinner at One North Kitchen yesterday. The new divider between the bar and dining areas is mostly glass panels, at least some of which open. Ceiling in the dining area is lower and covered with acoustical panels. Sound level was not bad even with the dining area full although not playing thumpa thumpa music helped.

Food quality was still as good as it was before closing for remodeling although the menu is shorter. As almost everywhere else, prices are up. Staffing seemed to be adequate, which is worth noting these days.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more