LTH Home

Gallucci

Gallucci
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Gallucci

Post #1 - February 11th, 2020, 2:32 pm
    Post #1 - February 11th, 2020, 2:32 pm Post #1 - February 11th, 2020, 2:32 pm
    Gallucci, the new Neapolitan pizzeria by Gianni Gallucci, will be opening in the old Dinotto space at 1551 N. Wells on Friday Feb 14th as per their Facebook page. They've opened reservations on their website.

Gallucci
    1551 N. Wells Street
    Chicago, IL 60610
    Cookingblahg.blogspot.com
  • Post #2 - September 4th, 2020, 8:53 am
    Post #2 - September 4th, 2020, 8:53 am Post #2 - September 4th, 2020, 8:53 am
    This is now open. I was there a couple of weeks ago and it joins my triumvirate of places I go to regularly.

I had their Terra Mia (Margherita with fancier ingredients) and was very satisfied and delighted. I still think SpaccaNapoli is king, but this is a credible alternative for someone like me who lives far away from the Shrine. Their offerings of Pizza are split into the usual White and Red, with about the same number of each. They seem to offer a lot more truffle based pizzas than usual. But other than that this is similar to Forno Rosso or La Pizza (inside Eataly). This is smak dab in front of Zanies; so if you are in the area for fun night out; this is a wonderful place for a nosh.

They also offer Pastas, Salads, Anti-pasti etc; but who am I kidding. I am never going to try those things as I am here for the Pizza (and I am a vegetarian and a lot of these are meat based). They also have a long wine/beer list, but I didn't bother looking at it as I don't drink.

Also, Bob's Pizza (originally from Pilsen); has a new storefront on LaSalle and North. I have not been to that one, but have been to the one in Pilsen. That has it's own dedicated thread; and the Pizzas I am sure are similar.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more