LTH Home

Yellow Rose Cafe, Old School Diner

Yellow Rose Cafe, Old School Diner
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - July 9th, 2022, 2:14 pm
    Post #31 - July 9th, 2022, 2:14 pm Post #31 - July 9th, 2022, 2:14 pm
    BrendanR wrote: I tugged on the door around 11 am (a Saturday) without results. I understand and am sympathetic to the struggles of a diner operator but, given their short hours, ubiquity of this sort of place and my dining habits, this is pretty much the same as being crossed off the list forever.

Open early. Close early. Closed Sunday’s and for vacation this week. As is Sun Wah.

I should have posted s PSA.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #32 - July 9th, 2022, 10:17 pm
    Post #32 - July 9th, 2022, 10:17 pm Post #32 - July 9th, 2022, 10:17 pm
    BrendanR, please don’t write them off forever. I get your frustration but I promise they are a dying diner experience that you won’t regret pursuing. Their hours are challenging for us with work & our daughter’s school schedule but whenever we can we visit because the food and service are worth it.
  • Post #33 - July 9th, 2022, 10:52 pm
    Post #33 - July 9th, 2022, 10:52 pm Post #33 - July 9th, 2022, 10:52 pm
    The summer week off isn't a rarity, but I notice Google didn't get wind of it either. That wasn't the case with a couple local restaurants to me that posted their break ahead of time and were able to give notice through the most practical aggregator (not necessarily the restaurant directly, but the message was conveyed). I don't think Yellow Rose will lose sleep over missed opportunities.
  • Post #34 - July 10th, 2022, 7:52 am
    Post #34 - July 10th, 2022, 7:52 am Post #34 - July 10th, 2022, 7:52 am
    bweiny wrote:The summer week off isn't a rarity, but I notice Google didn't get wind of it either.

This is information is controled by the operator. That highlighted google page would not be there if the operator (or whoever does their internet presence) did not place it there.

I have one for something else. If a major holiday is about to occur, I get an email inquiring if my hours will change. It is a reminder to update my hours of operation.

On facebook, Sun Wah did not alter their notice for their vacation. Apparently people have reached their Father complaining when they made it their destination for dinner. I think I will drop them a note about altering their Google info.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #35 - July 10th, 2022, 10:41 am
    Post #35 - July 10th, 2022, 10:41 am Post #35 - July 10th, 2022, 10:41 am
    LynnB wrote:I get your frustration but I promise they are a dying diner experience that you won’t regret pursuing.

Frustration sounds too strong though there's a little bit in there. I'm not angry or anything; at least I didn't drive to half an hour or something and we all enjoy time off. As said, I only eat breakfast a couple times a year and an unexpected closure is enough to get moved to the bottom of the list. Next time, I'll try Edgebrook Coffeeshop or Uncle Mike's or another place that this board has put on that same list.

And for all-day all-night, there's always Omega!
    viewtopic.php?p=377749
  • Post #36 - July 10th, 2022, 2:36 pm
    Post #36 - July 10th, 2022, 2:36 pm Post #36 - July 10th, 2022, 2:36 pm
    BrendanR wrote:As said, I only eat breakfast a couple times a year and an unexpected closure is enough to get moved to the bottom of the list. Next time, I'll try Edgebrook Coffeeshop or Uncle Mike's or another place that this board has put on that same list.

Edgebrook Coffee shop and Uncle Mike's are solid, I'd eat at Uncle Mikes more often if they were closer to me.

Far as YRC and social media/technology. I have Angelo, chef/owner, cell phone #. I've texted him twice in the last year or so. First time he took 6-days to come back with a one word response, second time he simply waited until he saw me in YRC to answer in person. :) I don't have high hopes of them reliably updating* google, facebook etc.

BrendanR wrote:And for all-day all-night, there's always Omega!
    viewtopic.php?p=377749

OH Boy, now you lost me. Omega is fine, good for groups, I've been there a few times with multi-generational groups and enjoyed my omelette or club sandwich. But, comparing Omega to YRC is like comparing Outback Steakhouse to Boeufhaus

You are right, they won't miss/mind you not coming for breakfast, but you are missing a good experience.

You be you.

Yellow Rose Cafe, count me a Fan!

* Yellow Rose Cafe opens tomorrow, 7.11.22 back from vacation.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #37 - July 10th, 2022, 4:26 pm
    Post #37 - July 10th, 2022, 4:26 pm Post #37 - July 10th, 2022, 4:26 pm
    G Wiv wrote:OH Boy, now you lost me.

I do confess to writing that only to get this sort of reaction. But I didn't know what I was getting myself into, I was playing with fire. I went back and read the thread. You know how Homer can completely resist the allure of Clown College until he gives in to the subconscious calling? (See the first 2 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyxvX1N9Tdg) Thump. Thump. Thump (Calliope plays). Yes, I found myself at Omega this afternoon for sweet and sour cabbage soup.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31971
  • Post #38 - July 11th, 2022, 7:57 am
    Post #38 - July 11th, 2022, 7:57 am Post #38 - July 11th, 2022, 7:57 am
    If I only went to Omega for the croissants in the bread basket and the cream of chicken rice soup I'd be happy. If I actually get the food there, it's usually decent but I don't go out of my way like I used to. Besides, one of my favorite pizza joints is near Omega - Countryside Saloon. That fennel sausage (supplied by Greco) they use has me addicted. Definitely top ten in the entire region for tavern style thin. And they are open very late too. I know most people would not be thinking pizza if they are in the mood for a place like Omega.
  • Post #39 - July 11th, 2022, 10:43 am
    Post #39 - July 11th, 2022, 10:43 am Post #39 - July 11th, 2022, 10:43 am
    Ram4 wrote:That fennel sausage (supplied by Greco) they use has me addicted.

This is taking me on a tangent, but that was the strong appeal of the original Tombstone pizza's, the fennel in the sauce.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more