LTH Home

Trilokah - South Indian in Mount Prospect

Trilokah - South Indian in Mount Prospect
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Trilokah - South Indian in Mount Prospect

Post #1 - July 17th, 2020, 7:55 am
    Post #1 - July 17th, 2020, 7:55 am Post #1 - July 17th, 2020, 7:55 am
    A googling for "outdoor dining indian restaurant" turned up Trilokah, and it's a gem.
    Generous portions, reasonable prices, delicious and fragrant food.
    We were going to order more but the server (likely manager/owner) advised us against ordering more -- as it is, we brought home about half the biryani.

It's in the space formerly occupied by Retro Bistro in the strip mall on the NW corner of Busse and Golf in Mount Prospect (behind Draft Picks).

They have only four outdoor tables, only one of which was occupied when we got there at around 6:15 on a Thursday. When we left, all four were full or about to be, but it was hardly a crowd. We were brought a bottle and plastic cups for water, a paper sheet was placed on the table (nice, because there's no keeping all the rice in the biryani in that heaping pile), everyone was masked well for COVID prevention.

We ordered butter chicken dosa, which the server said is an unusual item. It is, but it's hardly unusual flavors. Nice sambar and chutneys, rich filling,

Thalassery Dum Biryani was also pitched as unique. Aside from being very flavorful I can't say that anything about it was that different, just really really good. Tender pieces of bone-in lamb, topped with raw and fried onions, lime and a pappadum, and served with pickle and raita.

The menu is massive. It's apparently a branch of an Indian-based chain with sites opening in Texas and California.

Trilokah
    1746 W Golf Rd
    Mt Prospect, IL 60056
    (847) 258-3022
    Hours 11AM-1AM (their window signs advertise "Midnight Biryani"),
    closed Tuesdays
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #2 - July 17th, 2020, 8:14 am
    Post #2 - July 17th, 2020, 8:14 am Post #2 - July 17th, 2020, 8:14 am
    JoelF wrote:Thalassery Dum Biryani was also pitched as unique. Aside from being very flavorful I can't say that anything about it was that different, just really really good.

Biryani looks terrific! I have to see if I have enough gas left in the AMC Pacer, its been 2 months since the last fill-up, to get to Mount Prospect.
    One minute to Wapner.
    Raymond Babbitt

Low & Slow

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events