LTH Home

Taco Boom - Home of the Quesabirria

Taco Boom - Home of the Quesabirria
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Taco Boom - Home of the Quesabirria

Post #1 - July 24th, 2020, 7:40 am
    Post #1 - July 24th, 2020, 7:40 am Post #1 - July 24th, 2020, 7:40 am
    It took a minute but the ‘Birria Boom’ of Los Angeles has arrived in Chicago. We’ve had plenty of places doing goat and lamb but for whatever reason we’re just starting to see spots whip up Birria de Res in crispy taco and quesabirria form. One of them worth noting is Taco Boom. It's a food cart that sets up shop daily in an empty lot on Cicero just past I55. Right around Cicero and 43rd street across from the park.

Taco Boom

Aside from LA where it's basically the hottest trend in food the last few years Birria de Res is popular in both Guadalajara (Tacos Charlie) and also Tijuana (Tacos Los Fitos). It's the Italian Beef of taco fillings. I love it. Different cuts of cow are cooked in a tub of red chile tinged broth until fall apart tender. The beef is then removed while the broth is turned into a potent consommé. The shredded beef is most typically tossed into corn tortillas which then get dipped into the gravy and cooked on a hot flattop until semi crisp. Lot of spots will also throw in cheese making it a Quesabirria. Whichever option you order from Taco Boom make sure to get a cup of consommé to get some dip action going. I'd advise against wearing a white shirt while eating this. Open daily from about 5p to 10p. Check FB for live updates.

Quesabirria and Birria Taco with Consomme at Taco Boom

Facebook Page
  • Post #2 - July 24th, 2020, 7:59 am
    Post #2 - July 24th, 2020, 7:59 am Post #2 - July 24th, 2020, 7:59 am
    Great! I have seen that operation on Cicero and never stopped.

Did you stop speculatively or knew to look for it there?

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more