LTH Home

Mayfair Restaurant, American Diner hint of Mexican

Mayfair Restaurant, American Diner hint of Mexican
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Mayfair Restaurant, American Diner hint of Mexican

Post #1 - October 11th, 2020, 4:39 pm
    Post #1 - October 11th, 2020, 4:39 pm Post #1 - October 11th, 2020, 4:39 pm
    Mayfair Restaurant, nice little spot just West of Marie's Pizza. Counter, tables, masks all around, every other table social distance spacing, friendly verging on bubbly servers. Was in the mood for biscuits and gravy, could have made it at home but did not feel like dicking around in the kitchen. Good call on my part as I've passed Mayfair Restaurant a hundred times and never thought about stopping in.

Straight-up American diner food with Mexican menu items along for the ride. Biscuits and gravy a fine example of the diner classic, hearty, large portion, good amount of sausage, topped with hot sauce it hit the mark and improved my mood while filling my ample belly.

First blush Mayfair hits a top ten diner lineup, though classic diners are falling by the wayside, not replacing my hard-crush on Yellow Rose Cafe, but for a once in a while something different or Sundays when Yellow Rose is closed Mayfair Restaurant fits the bill.

Street parking, spotless, good value for quality, B & G, two eggs, hash browns plus coffee $10.80 with tax, friendly fast service. Got a genuine smile from the server when she realized I left a 100% tip.

click on image to expand

Mayfair Restaurant, count me a Fan!

Mayfair Restaurant
    4461 W Lawrence Ave
    Chicago, IL 60630
    http://ordermayfairrestaurant.com/
    773-685-6040
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow

Contact

About

Team