LTH Home

Pizza Fried Chicken Ice Cream

• Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Pizza Fried Chicken Ice Cream

Post #1 - November 9th, 2020, 11:48 am
    Post #1 - November 9th, 2020, 11:48 am Post #1 - November 9th, 2020, 11:48 am
    I know this spot has been mentioned, but I didn't see a dedicated thread. PFCIC is a relatively new pizza joint next to / within the extended Maria's / Kimski complex in Bridgeport. Given the amazing weather this weekend, we snuck over Friday afternoon an snagged a table at Maria's, ordering beer from there and a cheese tavern pizza from PFCIC. This was an absolute epiphany for me compared to any other tavern cut pizza, and is absolutely crave-worthy. The key is that it is cooked just to the edge of burnt, with a crisp black crust and great flavor. The salty cheese is a just about lacy / broken and about to brown. A big sprig of fresh basil adds a nice note. The only thing I've had close to it is, oddly, Colony Grill in Stamford, CT, which I now wonder if has any Chicago connection in its history.

I'll note the place was a bit of a zoo, as one might expect on a beautiful Friday night. We ordered around 5:30 online and got a ~7:30 estimate. That proved accurate, but I note the promised text updates didn't come, so we had to check on the pie, which is a bit more difficult with social distancing limiting the number of people in the shop. Still, no big deal as long as you plan.

Highly recommended!

964 W 31st St, Chicago, IL 60608
    (773) 565-4192
    pfcic.com
  • Post #2 - November 9th, 2020, 9:21 pm
    Post #2 - November 9th, 2020, 9:21 pm Post #2 - November 9th, 2020, 9:21 pm
    We live around the corner and are perfectly pleased with their product (although we generally order early for carry-out). Their Sicilian pan style was fantastic, but methinks they wanted to sell more pizza with winter coming, and individual slices weren't doing that.

Still, I find their thin crust to be among the best I've had, with a uniform thinness and crispness, fantastic sausage, just the right charring on the edges. I grew up on some heavy hitters like Roseangela's and Nick and Vito's, and this thin crust holds its own.

And don't sleep on the chicken either, the Korean is pretty punchy and the sandwich specials are solid. Pretty Cool Ice Cream and März Beer just seal the deal.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more