LTH Home

Kasama

Kasama
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Kasama

Post #1 - November 10th, 2020, 9:30 am
    Post #1 - November 10th, 2020, 9:30 am Post #1 - November 10th, 2020, 9:30 am
    I think this might be my first new post, but wanted to add my 2 cents about Kasama as i don't see a dedicated thread

Had a great takeout meal from here on Sunday morning. Got the filipino breakfast with a combo of longanisa and tocino. The longanisa was easily one of the best things i've eaten recently. Adobo wings and lumpia were also good, but that sausage was excellent. Highly recommend a trip here

Kasama
    1001 N. Winchester Ave
    Chicago, IL
    https://www.kasamachicago.com/
  • Post #2 - November 15th, 2020, 9:25 am
    Post #2 - November 15th, 2020, 9:25 am Post #2 - November 15th, 2020, 9:25 am
    Big fan of the small meal I picked up yesterday.

Mushroom is certainly not the standard main component of adobo, but this vegetarian version of the classic Filipino dish worked really well. The garlic rice that comes with it was also great and the dish is rounded out with a fried egg (I added a homemade one later since I picked up several hours before eating).

The restaurant is a partnership between the husband and wife team of Tim Flores and Genie Kwon. He does the Filipino savory and she does the French and French-inspired pastries.

The ube and huckleberry basque cake was a fantastic pastry with a little crispiness and a lot of light chewiness. Not enough distinctive pasty cream from me to think of it as basque cake, but 1) what do I know and 2) who cares because whatever it's called, it's delicious.

Very much looking forward to going back and exploring the menu a lot more.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more