LTH Home

Jeff & Jude's

Jeff & Jude's
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Jeff & Jude's

Post #1 - November 15th, 2020, 8:15 am
    Post #1 - November 15th, 2020, 8:15 am Post #1 - November 15th, 2020, 8:15 am
    I'd call this the single most divisive pastrami sandwich I've yet eaten, but I'm also the first person on the board to comment on J&J's, so YMMV. Me, I appreciate stubbornness: the meat has a pronounced peppery bite, with a texture much closer to burnt ends or Thai beef jerky than a deli cold cut; the rye is very chewy and a bit ashy and kind of brilliant. It's an aggressive sandwich, one that wore me out halfway through. (In Soviet Russia, sandwich eats you.) But it was nice to come back to it later, the better to appreciate its craft.

Potato pancakes are expertly fried, albeit a bit salty; the chicken salad passed my mom's smell test (though I didn't get a taste). Black and white cookies are textbook.

Note: the business is, to put it mildly, still learning about economies of scale: supply is trailing demand...considerably. I walked in at 12, right as they switched to the lunch menu, and they sold out of most of items before I left the storefront at 12:20; they were in the weeds almost immediately. I'd suggest ordering online right at 11:30AM in order to ensure you get what you want.

Jeff & Jude's
    1024 N Western Ave
    Chicago, IL 60622
    (773) 661-1227
    https://www.jeffandjudes.com/

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles