LTH Home

Looking for crumbly sausage on thin crust pizza

Looking for crumbly sausage on thin crust pizza
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Looking for crumbly sausage on thin crust pizza

Post #1 - February 19th, 2021, 1:26 pm
    Post #1 - February 19th, 2021, 1:26 pm Post #1 - February 19th, 2021, 1:26 pm
    There's a certain kind of sausage pizza I can't find here. Most sausage pizza in Chicago comes in hand-shucked chunks - which is very good - but I'm in the mood for crumbly sausage that's scattered all over the pizza. It's pretty greasy and well-browned, and it has a lot of fennel seed in it. If anyone here has been to Pizza King in Indiana, that's what I'm talking about.

Crust wise, it's cut into squares like Chicago style thin, but the crust has more crunch and bend to it, with a lot of cornmeal on the bottom. Comparing it to say, Marie's on Lawrence, Marie's is more cracker like and delicate whereas what I'm thinking of is more bread like (but only slightly so) and robust. It looks like this:

Appreciate your help,
  • Post #2 - February 19th, 2021, 1:58 pm
    Post #2 - February 19th, 2021, 1:58 pm Post #2 - February 19th, 2021, 1:58 pm
    https://www.rootspizza.com/?gclid=Cj0KC ... weEALw_wcB
  • Post #3 - February 19th, 2021, 5:25 pm
    Post #3 - February 19th, 2021, 5:25 pm Post #3 - February 19th, 2021, 5:25 pm
    eating while walking wrote:There's a certain kind of sausage pizza I can't find here. Most sausage pizza in Chicago comes in hand-shucked chunks - which is very good - but I'm in the mood for crumbly sausage that's scattered all over the pizza. It's pretty greasy and well-browned, and it has a lot of fennel seed in it. If anyone here has been to Pizza King in Indiana, that's what I'm talking about.

Crust wise, it's cut into squares like Chicago style thin, but the crust has more crunch and bend to it, with a lot of cornmeal on the bottom. Comparing it to say, Marie's on Lawrence, Marie's is more cracker like and delicate whereas what I'm thinking of is more bread like (but only slightly so) and robust. It looks like this:

Appreciate your help,

I'm sorry I can't help. But the instant I saw that picture I had a flashback to growing up in Kokomo, IN and feasting on Pizza King pizza. I wonder if they are still around and still served in paper bags that the grease still permeates to almost see through? It's one of those foods thatto my taste is so bad it is good and much missed. There is no substitute and now I desperately want one.

If I recall correctly, the pepperoni was also ground.
    Coming to you from Leiper's Fork, TN where we prefer forking to spooning.
  • Post #4 - February 19th, 2021, 5:51 pm
    Post #4 - February 19th, 2021, 5:51 pm Post #4 - February 19th, 2021, 5:51 pm
    Try cafe Luigi on Clark. Cut in wedges tho.
    Lacking fins or tail
    The Gefilte fish
    swims with great difficulty.

Jewish haiku.
  • Post #5 - February 20th, 2021, 8:38 am
    Post #5 - February 20th, 2021, 8:38 am Post #5 - February 20th, 2021, 8:38 am
    The Original John’s in Whiting (born in Calumet City) uses a loose meat sausage, as do a few other spots in the area. But it’s cut in rectangles ala the Quad Cities. Unknown to some QC style pizza was actually a Region thing to begin with.

https://www.pmq.com/quad-cities-style-p ... tradition/

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more