LTH Home

Onigiri Shuttle Kororin

Onigiri Shuttle Kororin
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Onigiri Shuttle Kororin

Post #1 - April 15th, 2021, 2:06 pm
    Post #1 - April 15th, 2021, 2:06 pm Post #1 - April 15th, 2021, 2:06 pm
    I started following Onigiri Shuttle Kororin on Instagram after hearing about them through Andale Market, a new bodega in Andersonville. Onigiri is a handheld meal of rice and fillings. These are made in a triangular shape. A much better explanation with photos can be found on their website. They are a cloud kitchen and have various delivery points around the city and suburbs. There is a special flavor each week that they announce in Instragram and probably also via email.

I finally pulled the trigger for lunch today. The pickup in Uptown was a short walk from home. A lunch meal includes 5 onigiris, mushroom & tofu miso soup and oshinko pickles. They advised to heat everything up in the microwave. I didn't realize the pickles were inside the packages, though they didn't seem harmed by the reheat.

I transferred the soup to a different container before heating. The bamboo leaf packages went on a plate into the microwave as is.

L -> R: Pork Belly, Salmon Butter, Ume Okaka Cheese, Negi Miso, Corn Cheese Pepper

L -> R: Corn Cheese Pepper, Negi Miso, Ume Okaka Cheese, Salmon Butter
    (the pork belly onigiri met its demise right before this shot)

Not pictured: strips of nori to use as a holder

We really enjoyed this meal. The variety of flavors was interesting. Our top three were the pork belly, salmon butter and corn cheese pepper. Five of them plus soup is quite filling. It's not an inexpensive lunch: $18.99 before taxes/fees/gratuity for the lunch pack that includes the pork belly. We'll do this again.
    -Mary
  • Post #2 - April 15th, 2021, 5:08 pm
    Post #2 - April 15th, 2021, 5:08 pm Post #2 - April 15th, 2021, 5:08 pm
    Thanks for sharing this. I've been surprised that onigiri hasn't previously caught on here. I will definitely check out their shuttle. (Though darn, regretting that my husband is back in the office as of this week -- and gets their using our only car.)
  • Post #3 - April 15th, 2021, 5:42 pm
    Post #3 - April 15th, 2021, 5:42 pm Post #3 - April 15th, 2021, 5:42 pm
    chgoeditor wrote:I've been surprised that onigiri hasn't previously caught on here.

Agree, I dig onigiri. H-Mart Niles typically has a small selection in the prepared foods section as does Tensuke and Mitsuwa.

GP, your lunch looks terrific, thanks for posting about onigiri.

I sometimes roll my own onigiri, that maki, musubi and other items rolled in nori tend to look like a truck accident in my hands, but typically taste good. I'm particularly fond of tuna onigiri.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #4 - April 16th, 2021, 7:56 am
    Post #4 - April 16th, 2021, 7:56 am Post #4 - April 16th, 2021, 7:56 am
    chgoeditor wrote:Thanks for sharing this. I've been surprised that onigiri hasn't previously caught on here. I will definitely check out their shuttle. (Though darn, regretting that my husband is back in the office as of this week -- and gets their using our only car.)

Hopefully one of the locations is close enough to negate the need for a car.
    -Mary
  • Post #5 - April 19th, 2021, 3:56 pm
    Post #5 - April 19th, 2021, 3:56 pm Post #5 - April 19th, 2021, 3:56 pm
    We never spend enough time in H-Mart Niles, so now I have another excuse to head there.

Sadly, none are close enough for me in RP. But we may order for Lakeview pickup one Saturday in the near future.
  • Post #6 - May 17th, 2021, 3:26 pm
    Post #6 - May 17th, 2021, 3:26 pm Post #6 - May 17th, 2021, 3:26 pm
    chgoeditor wrote:We never spend enough time in H-Mart Niles, so now I have another excuse to head there.

Sadly, none are close enough for me in RP. But we may order for Lakeview pickup one Saturday in the near future.

chgoeditor: they have a pick-up now in Evanston at 1625 Oak on Fridays. Or DoorDash delivery on Tuesdays.
    -Mary
  • Post #7 - May 19th, 2021, 11:02 am
    Post #7 - May 19th, 2021, 11:02 am Post #7 - May 19th, 2021, 11:02 am
    The GP wrote:
    chgoeditor wrote:We never spend enough time in H-Mart Niles, so now I have another excuse to head there.

chgoeditor: they have a pick-up now in Evanston at 1625 Oak on Fridays. Or DoorDash delivery on Tuesdays.

Thank you! We ordered for pickup on a Saturday when they were in Lakeview, and my husband loved it, so now he probably wouldn't forgive me if I ordered for a Friday. But I see this weekend that they are available for pickup in Uptown so we may do that.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more