LTH Home

Maharaj Indian Grill - Northbrook

Maharaj Indian Grill - Northbrook
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Maharaj Indian Grill - Northbrook

Post #1 - December 29th, 2021, 3:19 pm
    Post #1 - December 29th, 2021, 3:19 pm Post #1 - December 29th, 2021, 3:19 pm
    Like a lot of us, I don't get out much these days. This place, entirely new to me (appears to have opened in late 2020 but that's just a guess) and not far from home; a friend tipped me off to it and we had nice lunch there today . . .

Maharaj Indian Grill - 3111 Dundee Rd, Northbrook
    In the White Plains shopping center.

Pappadam
    Started out with some tasty pappadam and chutneys, gratis.

Gobi 65
    Crispy, sweet, sour. Nice.

Chili Fried Chicken Momo
    From the Indo-Chinese section of the menu. Crispy, intensely flavorful and spicy -- probably my favorite item from the lunch -- I did not see these on the online menu.

Kadhai Chicken
    Described on the in-house menu as 'tender cubes of boneless chicken sauteed in a wok with ginger, onions, tomatoes, fresh herbs and spices.' Seemed like dark meat to me, which was a nice surprise.

Chana Masala
    Not my favorite but a completely respectable version.

Palak Paneer
    A fine take. Maybe a tad salty but nothing over the top.

Paratha
    Crispy, tender and flavorful.

Basmati Rice

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to return. The menu is relatively large and it was hard to explore much of it with only two of us. But the items we did have ranged from good to excellent. Service was thorough, although not particularly helpful. When my companion asked our server if he had any recommendations, the server perfunctorily pointed to the lunch specials, which are clearly not designed for the adventurous. Not that there are a ton of exotic options available but be prepared to blaze your own trail here -- or stick with your benchmark items -- when it comes to ordering.

=R=

Maharaj Indian Grill (website)
    3111 Dundee Rd - White Plains Shopping Center
    Northbrook, IL 60062
    (847) 246-4356
    Same planet, different world

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat