LTH Home

Hinoki Sushiko

Hinoki Sushiko
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Hinoki Sushiko

Post #1 - January 14th, 2022, 8:08 pm
    Post #1 - January 14th, 2022, 8:08 pm Post #1 - January 14th, 2022, 8:08 pm
    Opened during the pandemic, there doesn't seem to be a thread yet so here are some thoughts!
    Otto Phan is meticulous. We have really enjoyed Kyoten and were eager to check out Hinoki. I hope others will give it a chance.
    Earlier this fall we dined in the downstairs izakaya, which was all very delicious. But this week we finally made it to the upstairs omakase. It was downright luscious. 15 pieces (generously size) of standards like toro, chutoro, otoro, sea bream, hamachi, alongside some more unusual offerings like steelhead trout. Very flavorful rice. Expert staff.
    Personally I did notice the complete lack of vegetables - no pickles or gomae or seaweed or eggplant to round out the courses. But I realize that may not be the opinion of sushi purists.
    The fish and preparation were outstanding. Really exceeding pretty much any other omakase we've had in town (and we try to get to them all) except Kyoten itself.

https://hinokisushiko.com/
    1465 West Willow
    Chicago
    773-687-8898
  • Post #2 - October 12th, 2023, 8:45 pm
    Post #2 - October 12th, 2023, 8:45 pm Post #2 - October 12th, 2023, 8:45 pm
    well seems i'm the only poster in this thread. that's a shame as it's been a great place. until tonight...
    we've been to the upstairs oma kase for several special occasions over the last three years, and downstairs izakaya for a number of casual dates. it's in our neighborhood basically, and quite excellent.
    tonight we had a reservation for upstairs. they confirmed by text tuesday afternoon. we showed up, place was pitch black, couple of other couples walking around the building in circles trying to get in. no note, no advance warning, no open. bummer!
  • Post #3 - October 14th, 2023, 7:35 am
    Post #3 - October 14th, 2023, 7:35 am Post #3 - October 14th, 2023, 7:35 am
    This experience, while it sounds like a bummer in real life, feels like the premise for a campy horror movie. And not just because it happened on a cold, rainy Friday the 13th in October. Writes itself!
  • Post #4 - October 16th, 2023, 12:25 pm
    Post #4 - October 16th, 2023, 12:25 pm Post #4 - October 16th, 2023, 12:25 pm
    Sorry to hear that. We enjoyed going to the downstairs part. I really enjoyed their Japanese cheesecake.

Looking online, Google info says permanently closed, and while their website is still running, it is not taking any reservations.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more