LTH Home

Mi Restaurante Mount Prospect Mexican

Mi Restaurante Mount Prospect Mexican
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Mi Restaurante Mount Prospect Mexican

Post #1 - May 11th, 2022, 6:48 pm
    Post #1 - May 11th, 2022, 6:48 pm Post #1 - May 11th, 2022, 6:48 pm
    I've posted about Mi Restaurante a couple times, it's about time it gets its own thread. It's in the Brentwood Square shopping center at Wolf and Kensington roads (where Photo's used to be), and ignore the misspelled "Mi Restuarante" on the digital sign that's been wrong for a decade.

It's my second-favorite local Mexican restaurant -- I prefer Monica's in Prospect Heights for their table salsa, barbacoa burrito, and cecina -- but Mi Restaurante is close enough to walk to, and has outdoor seating, which has been a delight in these last two years of the whathaveyou.

I'm very fond of their torta milanesa, it's my go-to for lunch when I go there, and they have the creamy-style green salsa I'm fond of (although their red is more fiery). It's also got a few items that I don't see elsewhere in the burbs: Carne en su jugo , and new as of today's new (and unfortunately pricier) menu: Quesabirria. It's res (beef) not chivo (goat), but it's delicious. $14.25 the dinner includes three quite-stuffed birria and cheese quesadillas and a cup of rich, smoky, spicy consommé. Note that it's not on their online menu yet.

SueF is very fond of their chicken flautas (although not as crisp as the ones we first had at the long-gone Evanston Los Magueyes).

Service is quick, although in the outdoor seating not always the most attentive.

Mi Restaurante
    1742 E Kensington Rd, Mt Prospect, IL 60056
    https://www.mirestaurantemt.com/
    (224) 217-5139
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #2 - May 23rd, 2022, 3:51 pm
    Post #2 - May 23rd, 2022, 3:51 pm Post #2 - May 23rd, 2022, 3:51 pm
    Hi there, long-time lurker/fan and seldom poster here. When I saw this post, I knew I had to send a quick thank you to JoelF for giving Mi Restaurante it's own thread, as well as confirm that this is also one of our favorite local Mexican restaurants.

We always order the fish tacos and anything with their al pastor meat. And like JoelF mentioned, their creamy green salsa is outstanding. We have never eaten there, but their carry-out service is efficient and the food is always ready on time and piping hot.

I would like to mention that they have a Taco Tuesday special, which is either a Small or Large taco tray. Here is what is included:

- Small tray of 10 tacos with a choice of up to 2 meats OR
    - Large taco tray of 20 tacos with a choice of up to 4 meats
    - Meats included are steak, chicken, al pastor and beef
    - The tacos are topped with onion and cilantro, and nestled amongst the tacos are some grilled knob onions and jalapeños
    - One 8 oz. container each of red and green salsa
    - One 2 liter of soda

IIRC, the small tray runs about $21.95, and the large tray runs about $45.95. All in all, a good deal!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more