LTH Home

Stix N Brix near Sox Park for eats and drinks.

Stix N Brix near Sox Park for eats and drinks.
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Stix N Brix near Sox Park for eats and drinks.

Post #1 - July 25th, 2022, 8:47 am
    Post #1 - July 25th, 2022, 8:47 am Post #1 - July 25th, 2022, 8:47 am
    Pizza place near Guaranteed Rate Field. I like pre-gaming my meal here before the game (or after, depending on the gametime). It is either this or takeout from the forum namesake LTH. The nice thing about LTH is that they have a separate takeout menu for a curated menu with concomitant price reduction for the takeout. The park has a limited selection for vegetarians, especially in the 500 level (and they don't allow you to go to the other levels for food).

They have 10" Neapolitan style Pizzas. It may not be Spacca equivalent, but it is really nicely baked with good ingredients and is tasty as hell. And just enough for 1 person, which I appreciate. They also have Paninis and other stuff, but I usually stick with the Pizza. It is attached to a coffeehouse called Redline, but I don't get coffee as it is too late in the day for me.

Stix n Brix
    218 W 33rd St, Chicago, IL 60616
    MON | CLOSED
    TUE-SAT | 11AM – 9PM
    SUN | 11AM – 7PM
    Last edited by Indianbadger on July 25th, 2022, 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Post #2 - July 25th, 2022, 9:04 am
    Post #2 - July 25th, 2022, 9:04 am Post #2 - July 25th, 2022, 9:04 am
    Indianbadger wrote:The nice thing about LTH is that they have a separate takeout menu for a curated menu with concomitant price reduction for the takeout.

Concomitant is a new word for me!
    Cambridge dictionary wrote:something that happens with something else and is connected with it:
    Loss of memory is a natural concomitant of old age.

Thank you for the report and a bit of education.

Regards,
    CAthy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #3 - July 25th, 2022, 12:15 pm
    Post #3 - July 25th, 2022, 12:15 pm Post #3 - July 25th, 2022, 12:15 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:

Regards,
    CAthy2

:D . English is technically my third language, and I spent a lot of time preparing for the Verbal portion of GRE. I decided that I am going to use all the vocabulary words I learned, dammit!

Sometimes it works, mostly it does not!

BTAIM, the pizza is pretty good and better than anything available for me at the ballpark.
  • Post #4 - July 25th, 2022, 1:05 pm
    Post #4 - July 25th, 2022, 1:05 pm Post #4 - July 25th, 2022, 1:05 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:
    Indianbadger wrote:The nice thing about LTH is that they have a separate takeout menu for a curated menu with concomitant price reduction for the takeout.

Cambridge dictionary wrote:something that happens with something else and is connected with it:
    Loss of memory is a natural concomitant of old age.

Regards,
    CAthy2

It comes up regularly in my line of work - drugs used during a clinical study not one of the ones being studied are "concomitant." Like if you're taking blood pressure meds while on an arthritis drug, or if you take acetaminophen/paracetamol for a headache during the trial, etc. It's important to track that information when trying to figure out what caused a side effect.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more