LTH Home

Marquette Inn - now known as The Marq

Marquette Inn - now known as The Marq
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Marquette Inn - now known as The Marq

Post #1 - September 13th, 2022, 9:47 pm
    Post #1 - September 13th, 2022, 9:47 pm Post #1 - September 13th, 2022, 9:47 pm
    It's been some time that I've had breakfast here (Dearborn & Adams) but recently dropped by expecting the usual diner fare. Big surprise. It's excellent and interesting huevos rancheros turned out to be one of the better breakfasts I've had in the Loop (an earlier Mexican hash was equally good). Still extremely reasonable prices, and good strong coffee. Not open on weekends, and they don't have their web act together yet, but worth a drop by visit if you're looking for breakfast in the Loop.

60 W Adams St
    Chicago, IL 60603
    (312) 368-8704
    "The fork with two prongs is in use in northern Europe. In England, they’re armed with a steel trident, a fork with three prongs. In France we have a fork with four prongs; it’s the height of civilization." Eugene Briffault (1846)
  • Post #2 - September 14th, 2022, 9:48 am
    Post #2 - September 14th, 2022, 9:48 am Post #2 - September 14th, 2022, 9:48 am
    A useful report, especially since google is showing it as permanently closed. :(

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #3 - September 14th, 2022, 9:52 am
    Post #3 - September 14th, 2022, 9:52 am Post #3 - September 14th, 2022, 9:52 am
    Actually, the restaurant known as "The Marquette Inn" in the Marquette Building in the Loop, closed several years ago (well before the pandemic) and was replaced by a restaurant called "The Marq" -- which, as you note, has a much more modern menu and vibe. I've no idea whether "The Marq" was simply a re-concepting by the prior owners or if it was a new restaurant under new management. See https://www.urbandaddy.com/articles/325 ... n-the-loop
  • Post #4 - September 14th, 2022, 12:49 pm
    Post #4 - September 14th, 2022, 12:49 pm Post #4 - September 14th, 2022, 12:49 pm
    masha wrote:Actually, the restaurant known as "The Marquette Inn" in the Marquette Building in the Loop, closed several years ago (well before the pandemic) and was replaced by a restaurant called "The Marq" -- which, as you note, has a much more modern menu and vibe. I've no idea whether "The Marq" was simply a re-concepting by the prior owners or if it was a new restaurant under new management. See https://www.urbandaddy.com/articles/325 ... n-the-loop

Thanks. I've updated the subject line of thread to make it easier to find via a search.

=R=
    for the Moderators
    Same planet, different world

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events