LTH Home

Ozzie's Deli (south of ORD in Melrose Park)

Ozzie's Deli (south of ORD in Melrose Park)
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Ozzie's Deli (south of ORD in Melrose Park)

Post #1 - September 24th, 2022, 3:54 pm
    Post #1 - September 24th, 2022, 3:54 pm Post #1 - September 24th, 2022, 3:54 pm
    I happened to be chatting with another LTHer about various food topics, when someone the other LTHer knew popped into the conversation. We started chatting nearby sandwich places and I stated I was a fan of the Italian subs at Al & Joe's. This other person mentioned I should check out Ozzie's which is relatively close to Al & Joe's and relatively close to where I live. I made a note that I should try Ozzie's out. Today was that day.

Stopped by about 11am to grab to-go sandwiches for Mrs Willie & I. Ordered an Italian sub and another small 6" "Hot & Specialty" sub called the Roast Beef Supreme (2 Meats/Cheeses & Special Sauce, along with pickles, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato)

On the way home seeing as I passed by Al & Joe's, I stopped in for an Italian sub so Mrs Willie & I could do a side by side taste test comparison. We preferred the bread at Al & Joe's but thought the meats were more substantial at Ozzie's. Quite frankly we would be happy with either, this draw will lead us to alternate visits.

Back to that warm sandwich, the Roast Beef Supreme. While driving back home I thought I really needed to taste this warm sub while it was freshly made. I snarfed it, within a couple miles, for whatever reason it was hitting all the taste/texture buttons that I was looking for. I will for sure get back to try that sandwich again.

Based on the above experience, I wanted to start an LTH thread for Ozzie's.

Ozzie's serves breakfast sandwiches as well.

Ozzie's Deli
    11158 W Grand Ave.
    Melrose Park, IL 60164
    Phone: 847-455-0845
    Fax: 847-455-3354
    http://ozziesdeli.com/
    Store Hours
    SUN: 6 AM - MIDNIGHT
    MON thru THURS: 5 AM - MIDNIGHT
    FRI: 5 AM - 2 AM
    SAT: UNTIL 2 AM
    -
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more