LTH Home

Mozu Sushi & Izakaya, Glenview

Mozu Sushi & Izakaya, Glenview
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Mozu Sushi & Izakaya, Glenview

Post #1 - September 30th, 2022, 7:31 am
    Post #1 - September 30th, 2022, 7:31 am Post #1 - September 30th, 2022, 7:31 am
    With our current go-to for Japanese, Sakae, closed (for one day), but still craving sushi, we went to the virtual Asian food court at Lake and Milwaukee and chose a place we hadn't tried before: Mozu Sushi and Izakaya. The decor and menu is definitely Japanese, and not Korean-Japanese like several of the other spots in the area (no bulgogi on the menu, for instance).

The menu is mostly sushi, and not the pub-ish grilled stuff you usually see at an izakaya. I'm curious just how izakaya they think they are, since there was no drinks menu, and all I saw were a few wine and beer bottles in a cooler behind the cash register.

We each ordered the Signature Bento, which includes one of their signature sushi rolls -- the one with real king crab being excluded, which makes sense since it costs as much as the whole Bento. It strangely wasn't served on a bento, but rather a separate bowl of salad (overdressed and a bit soggy, but tasty), a platter with some very good tempura and a pair of gyoza, and then the roll. With their signature rolls $15-$20 and the bento $22, it's a pretty good deal. Surprisingly, not served with miso soup (comparatively, Sakae drops a bowl of miso on your table regardless of what you order, including ramen). The sushi was well-prepared, although I usually prefer simpler nigiri to the heavily-dressed rainbow and dragon rolls.

The menu has some good deals for large quantities of sushi, and overall is not too different in price from Sakae. I'd go back again... but I'm probably more likely to end up at the closer, and more intimate, Sakae.

Mozu Sushi & Izakaya
    1669 Milwaukee Ave, Glenview, IL 60025 (SE corner of Lake)
    +12249389024
    Closed Mondays
    https://www.mozusushi.org/
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more