LTH Home

The Kangnam - Korean pub food in Glenview

The Kangnam - Korean pub food in Glenview
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • The Kangnam - Korean pub food in Glenview

Post #1 - January 18th, 2023, 8:30 pm
    Post #1 - January 18th, 2023, 8:30 pm Post #1 - January 18th, 2023, 8:30 pm
    We dined tonight at The Kangnam, opened recently at Lake and Milwaukee in Glenview, where Moondoggies had been for many years. They changed the decor, but the layout is still the same: Diagonal counter, platform in the front, seats about 60. Pretty good crowd for a Wednesday night, we were the only non-Asians in the place.

The menu isn't huge: entrees, soups, and a few sides. After ordering they brought out a big bowl (and two small bowls) of fish cake soup: a clear broth with squares of fish cake, a couple slices of green chile and a whole lot of red chile powder.

SueF ordered the spicy squid and pork belly, nice sweet sauce with lots of scallions and sesame. I ordered the brisket and cheese tteok bokki, and when asked spicy or mild of course said spicy. This didn't exceed my spice capacity, but it was a bit much. Perfect rice cakes, very tasty grilled brisket, more fish cakes, cabbage and a lot of rich, spicy sauce. I've got lunch left over.

The table next to us was rolling interesting balls of rice, I don't know what dish that was, but I'd like to try it. We'll be back (partly because we have some gift certificates), but I don't know if this place will stand out in a neighborhood with so many Korean restaurants.

The Kangnam
    1702 Milwaukee Ave, Glenview, IL 60025
    (224) 938-9412
    Closed Tuesdays, Open 5am to 1am weekdays, 2am weekends
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more