LTH Home

Peanut Park Trattoria in Little Italy

Peanut Park Trattoria in Little Italy
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Peanut Park Trattoria in Little Italy

Post #1 - May 11th, 2024, 4:50 pm
    Post #1 - May 11th, 2024, 4:50 pm Post #1 - May 11th, 2024, 4:50 pm
    I believe it was Chicago Magazine's Our 30 Favorite Things to Eat Right Now list that put Peanut Park Trattoria on my radar, but I was surprised to learn that it had been open a few years already in the original Davanti Enoteca space.

A friend and I shared:

CALAMARI FRITTI
    calabrian aioli, pomodoro, parsley

CHICORY
    bitter greens, fennel, bread crumb, caesar dressing

GNOCCHI
    vodka sauce, pancetta lardons, bread crumbs, chives

HALF CHICKEN
    mashed potatoes, roasted carrots, salsa verde

I enjoyed every course, but had a nitpick with everything but the chicory which was a standout. I thought the breading on the calamari was a little wet, the gnocchi a bit dense, and the half chicken maybe had a half-squeeze too much lemon. Or maybe I'm just bad at this whole restaurant thing, who knows. But the salad...what a knockout. Peanut Park is worthy of a visit if you're in or around the neighborhood.

Having a walk down Taylor St after our dinner, it was kinda sad to see so many of the places I enjoyed are now gone. At least Mario's still had a line down the block.

Peanut Park Trattoria
    1359 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL 60607
  • Post #2 - May 12th, 2024, 8:52 am
    Post #2 - May 12th, 2024, 8:52 am Post #2 - May 12th, 2024, 8:52 am
    It’s been on my radar for a while and we’re finally heading there this week, so I appreciate the early intel.
    "There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that’s lying about being milk."
    - Ron Swanson
  • Post #3 - May 12th, 2024, 11:55 am
    Post #3 - May 12th, 2024, 11:55 am Post #3 - May 12th, 2024, 11:55 am
    We were disappointed w/our meal there (numerous issues throughout) but this looks better than ours. Service was flawed as well. Sorry, tired of being understanding @ this point.
    "In pursuit of joys untasted"
    from Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more