LTH Home

Frannie's Beef Schiller Park

Frannie's Beef Schiller Park
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Frannie's Beef Schiller Park

Post #1 - May 29th, 2024, 8:46 am
    Post #1 - May 29th, 2024, 8:46 am Post #1 - May 29th, 2024, 8:46 am
    I remember having been there once at least 20 years ago during meetings in Rosemont, and this is probably the closest non-chain cheap food to the convention center.

Had a double dog with fries ($5.15 in 2024, reasonable but not quite as cheap as Rand Red Hots). Dog was snappy natural casing, run-through-the-garden style with steamed poppyseed bun (the dog was assembled and put back in the steamer while the fries finished). Fries were nice and dark, could have been a little crisper.

Good-sized menu including salads, wings, pastas..., could use more data points. Inside eating includes traditional narrow counter with stools and fixed-bench booths. Outside seating has picnic tables (umbrellas, napkins and condiments) and a couple round metal tables and chairs. Service was friendly.

Frannie's Beef and Catering
    4304 River Rd, Schiller Park, IL 60176
    http://www.franniesbeefandcatering.com/
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #2 - May 29th, 2024, 9:57 am
    Post #2 - May 29th, 2024, 9:57 am Post #2 - May 29th, 2024, 9:57 am
    Frannie’s is a routine pre-O’Hare stop for me if I’m dropping someone off or not flying out a Tortas Frontera concourse. Solid and you hit my exact order. Fries are consistently the dark and relatively-but-enjoyably limp style, good toasty flavors.
  • Post #3 - May 29th, 2024, 12:33 pm
    Post #3 - May 29th, 2024, 12:33 pm Post #3 - May 29th, 2024, 12:33 pm
    If I am passing by I always pick up a Steak Italian sandwich. It is made up of steak & marinated tomatoes, nice change from the usual sandwiches.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more