LTH Home

Burgers, Burgers

Burgers, Burgers
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 25 of 25 
  • Post #721 - August 7th, 2019, 10:41 am
    Post #721 - August 7th, 2019, 10:41 am Post #721 - August 7th, 2019, 10:41 am
    nsxtasy wrote:
    midas wrote:I'm old enough to remember when there were almost no Mexican restaurants around the area. Heck, when I went to L.A. for the first time in 1968, that was the first time I saw a Taco Bell.

Even back then, there were plenty along 18th Street in Pilsen, and La Choza was making kamoosh.

Mid year '68 I just turned 14. Neither of those places were in my parents rotation.
  • Post #722 - August 7th, 2019, 4:44 pm
    Post #722 - August 7th, 2019, 4:44 pm Post #722 - August 7th, 2019, 4:44 pm
    This is a Chicago message board, it's about time to act like it. In other words - don't tone down the language or the confrontation! I'm loving this thread.

I tend to be a bit chatty wherever I go and I enjoy the interaction. I appreciate the service and like Cosmo Kramer, many times even ending up with free food even though I had never ask for it; but I usually will try to say something after a great meal or a really bad one. I have what many consider a memorable face, so they tend to remember me when I return. There is no chance I would want an average meal for the sake of a review. I want the meal to be as good as it can be. I should say I "hope" it will be great. But there is nothing wrong with a friendly conversation that can possibly tip the scales in your favor (especially when the meal will tip the scales when you get home and weigh yourself!).

G Wiv's posts - count me a fan!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more