LTH Home

new burger place from Jimmy John's founder

new burger place from Jimmy John's founder
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 4 of 4 
  • Post #91 - October 30th, 2006, 11:13 pm
    Post #91 - October 30th, 2006, 11:13 pm Post #91 - October 30th, 2006, 11:13 pm
    Went here today and got two singles with different toppings to sample. I also got an order of fries.

1. The fries were really good. They were crisp and while not fresh cut, were really tasty.

2. The burger was absolutely terrible. And by terrible I mean complete sh*t. The meat was so over-spiced it didn't even taste like a burger, more like a salty onion soaked sausage. It reminded me of some of the "burgers" I ate when I spent time in Europe that I swore were not made out of beef. The bun and toppings were all fresh and nice. The secret sauce was completely wasted because the over-spiced meat completely killed the taste of it.

3. There were about 20 people in the kitchen falling all over themselves to make my burgers. I have no idea why, but they were literally stepping all over each other, bumping in to each other every time any of them turned.

I am not sure what the deal is with this place. While it was a bit crowded, it is also very tiny. At least a dozen people stuck their head in the door and left when they saw that all of the 6 tables in the place were taken.

Anyways, you have been warned. I was excited to go even with the poor reviews due to the initial pre-hype. I won't be back.
  • Post #92 - December 15th, 2006, 11:09 pm
    Post #92 - December 15th, 2006, 11:09 pm Post #92 - December 15th, 2006, 11:09 pm
    Just an update - still pretty terrible. Burger tasted like it was covered in burnt garlic. Sauce has a complete lack of flavor. Fried were undercooked but looked like they may have had potential. I would actually rank the Wendy's quarter pound double stack and fries I had a few nights ago as better and at about half the cost.
  • Post #93 - January 17th, 2007, 3:15 pm
    Post #93 - January 17th, 2007, 3:15 pm Post #93 - January 17th, 2007, 3:15 pm
    Just saw this on-site video interview with the CEO Gregg Majewski:

http://www.businesspov.com/article/115

Too bad about the bad reviews, I was looking forward to trying it...
    Menuism - Rate what you ate!
    My Restaurant Reviews
  • Post #94 - January 17th, 2007, 4:00 pm
    Post #94 - January 17th, 2007, 4:00 pm Post #94 - January 17th, 2007, 4:00 pm
    Intersting in the video that he says any unsold burgers go into the chili. That's an idea he got from Wendy's.
  • Post #95 - October 24th, 2007, 12:46 pm
    Post #95 - October 24th, 2007, 12:46 pm Post #95 - October 24th, 2007, 12:46 pm
    Just got back from this place for lunch:

Anytime someone refers to their restaurant/food as a "brand", you can pretty much be sure that the place is going to lack everything that makes food special. This place has no character, and no heart. The symbols and decor are complete crap, and the food is AW-ful. The burger meat was extremely dense, and lacked any flavor, and the fries were EXACTLY the same as burger kings. Next time I want a decent burger around the loop, I will take my business to Hackney's.

Please stop encouraging people from going into the restaurant business because they have a new "concept".
    Last edited by thomasec on November 30th, 2007, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #96 - October 24th, 2007, 6:25 pm
    Post #96 - October 24th, 2007, 6:25 pm Post #96 - October 24th, 2007, 6:25 pm
    [quote="Tortfeasor"]Went here today and got two singles with different toppings to sample. I also got an order of fries.

2. The burger was absolutely terrible. And by terrible I mean complete sh*t.

I am not sure what the deal is with this place. While it was a bit crowded, it is also very tiny. At least a dozen people stuck their head in the door and left when they saw that all of the 6 tables in the place were taken. [quote="Tortfeasor"]

I've posted before on this topic, or perhaps it is in the "worst thing eaten" thread. But I remained *shocked* how utterly bad the burger is---never mind the concept, branding, or hideous fake atmosphere. It has -nothing- going for it. It is the burger equivalent of a circus scam.
  • Post #97 - October 24th, 2007, 6:57 pm
    Post #97 - October 24th, 2007, 6:57 pm Post #97 - October 24th, 2007, 6:57 pm
    thomasec wrote:Just got back from this place for lunch:

Anytime someone refers to their restaurant/food as a "brand", you can pretty much assume that the place is going to lack everything that makes food special. This place has no character, and no heart. The symbols and decor are complete crap, and the food is AW-ful. The burger meat was extremely dense, and lacked any flavor, and the fries were EXACTLY the same as burger kings. Next time I want a decent burger around the loop, I will take my business to Hackney's.

Please stop encouraging people from going into the restaurant business because they have a new "concept".

just curious, was it busy while you were there?
  • Post #98 - October 24th, 2007, 8:50 pm
    Post #98 - October 24th, 2007, 8:50 pm Post #98 - October 24th, 2007, 8:50 pm
    It was not busy at all when I got there.
  • Post #99 - October 25th, 2007, 6:37 am
    Post #99 - October 25th, 2007, 6:37 am Post #99 - October 25th, 2007, 6:37 am
    Marco wrote:I've posted before on this topic, or perhaps it is in the "worst thing eaten" thread. But I remained *shocked* how utterly bad the burger is---never mind the concept, branding, or hideous fake atmosphere. It has -nothing- going for it. It is the burger equivalent of a circus scam.

Yeah, but how were the portions?
  • Post #100 - October 25th, 2007, 8:22 am
    Post #100 - October 25th, 2007, 8:22 am Post #100 - October 25th, 2007, 8:22 am
    Ralph Wiggum wrote:
    Marco wrote:I've posted before on this topic, or perhaps it is in the "worst thing eaten" thread. But I remained *shocked* how utterly bad the burger is---never mind the concept, branding, or hideous fake atmosphere. It has -nothing- going for it. It is the burger equivalent of a circus scam.

Yeah, but how were the portions?

I love that joke!

Topic: I've been to this "brand" and I concur, it really is bad.
  • Post #101 - July 24th, 2008, 11:37 am
    Post #101 - July 24th, 2008, 11:37 am Post #101 - July 24th, 2008, 11:37 am
    I tried Patty Burger for the first time today and found it to be a satisfying fast food burger. I had the Double, no cheese and found it a little pricer and tastier than McDonalds/BurgerKing/Wendy's. I would compare it to a whopper, except I enjoyed the texture of the hand formed patty better than the burger king patty. I also like that I can get a 2-patty burger without cheese. I'm not a fry guy, so I didn't get any of those--just the burger. I think the style of the menu is about all they have in common with In-n-Out but I enjoyed the burger nonetheless. I will go back.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more