LTH Home

You've got to sink your teeth into Katy's Dumplings! [long]

You've got to sink your teeth into Katy's Dumplings! [long]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 24 of 24 
  • Post #691 - November 8th, 2019, 8:37 am
    Post #691 - November 8th, 2019, 8:37 am Post #691 - November 8th, 2019, 8:37 am
    Had a knockout new bowl yesterday– their Chongqing "ma la" noodles from the specials board. Noods were perf. Broth was robust, salty, decidedly more of a soup than the dan dan. The toppings set things apart, much like the set of deftly prepped ingredients that Santander highlights above in his recent dan dan–brightly fresh chives, a judicious dallop of highly seasoned ground pork, sesame seeds, and new to the mix, super fresh toasted peanuts. It did not disappoint in the ma la dept.– slicked with a chili oil ratcheted up several notches from the stuff on the table and perfectly sequenced pops of numbing peppercorn.

I can't think of a better bowl I've had from them.
  • Post #692 - Yesterday, 1:02 pm
    Post #692 - Yesterday, 1:02 pm Post #692 - Yesterday, 1:02 pm
    I've been going in every 7-8 weeks this year when I am back in Chicago visiting my dad. The quality has been excellent, and whatever dip there was when the ownership originally changed (and there definitely was a slight one in quality as well as quantity) has been totally rectified.

I'm a creature of habit, so I probably get spicy pork noodle 80% of the time and pancake 20% of the time. The occasional order of dumplings if I'm with somebody. Everything has been on point all year.
    "Fried chicken should unify us, as opposed to tearing us apart. " - Bomani Jones
  • Post #693 - Yesterday, 1:43 pm
    Post #693 - Yesterday, 1:43 pm Post #693 - Yesterday, 1:43 pm
    Went this past weekend

Chicken fried noodle - as good as usual!

Pork/ chive potstickers - inedible
    Thick, dry wrappers; Watery, flavorless filling
    These used to be my favorite in Chicago, quality continues to go down

I asked about specials via phone, none available that day

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide