LTH Home

Venice, Englewood, Nokomis, Manasota Key, Florida

Venice, Englewood, Nokomis, Manasota Key, Florida
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Venice, Englewood, Nokomis, Manasota Key, Florida

Post #1 - February 12th, 2024, 9:49 am
    Post #1 - February 12th, 2024, 9:49 am Post #1 - February 12th, 2024, 9:49 am
    Finally getting my SW Florida bucket list trip in this year. I've never been to SW Fla, but from all my Youtube research, this is where I should retire. The last hurricane hit, along with skyrocketing insurance makes me think I probably won't buy anything down there, but I still wanna visit, so we're going for a week or so.

I always hit farmers' markets, so that's 100% happening in Venice and Englewood.
    Apparently, Tika Indian in Venice is HIGHLY rated, but I have my doubts. We'll probably make it a point to try it out.

What my family and extended family looks for me to find is:
    Cheap, excellent, locals' joints. Any type of food. But we're especially gonna be keen on:

-Shrimp & Grits
    -Florida seafood shacks off the beaten path
    -Laid back joint on water with excellent food, not tourist money grab food.
    -Laid back locals' joints with excellent food of any kind that the tourists don't know about.

We'll probably not want to venture anywhere near Sarasota to the north (avoiding crowds,) or anything past Ft Myers to the south (avoiding Hillbillies {totally kidding, RELAX})

Anyone have the goods? We're just gonna be sitting on a beach, fishing, and swimming in pools, so venturing out for meals is worth a drive. Meals will generally be the only "events" for the day.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Pronoun: That fool over there
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #2 - February 12th, 2024, 2:03 pm
    Post #2 - February 12th, 2024, 2:03 pm Post #2 - February 12th, 2024, 2:03 pm
    SW Florida is a blast. Gets more fun the further south you go.

Up north by Venice. Give Peace River seafood and botanicals a try. Punta Gorda, FL. Great crabs. Blue and stone. Outdoor seating etc.

Peace River Seafood
    5337 Duncan Road
    Punta Gorda, Fl

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events