LTH Home

Harbor Country, MI - Beer & Burger Joints

Harbor Country, MI - Beer & Burger Joints
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Harbor Country, MI - Beer & Burger Joints

Post #1 - August 30th, 2004, 10:43 am
    Post #1 - August 30th, 2004, 10:43 am Post #1 - August 30th, 2004, 10:43 am
    Found a place in Stevensville this weekend, haven't seen it mentioned here or CH so thought I'd give a headsup.

Was doing some errands Saturday afternoon in Baroda, and craved a burger but Bill's Tap was closed - which I thought was odd, because I could swear I've had lunch there on a Saturday afternoon before with college football on the TV. They've always got the Michigan game on, so they're quite evolved. Maybe they reopen Saturday afternoon's after Labor Day?

Anyway, headed down Baroda/Stevensville road toward the Culver's on Red Arrow in Stevensville. But saw the Stevensville Station on the way and decided to peak in. Just your typical local joint for this area, dark and smoky - two people at the bar, one the owner. Real friendly guy, a regular grandpa type - very gregarious which is unusual around here, the locals usually get quiet when a "weekender" comes in. Went in the kitchen to cook up the burgers himself, and he knew what he was doing. Griddle fried cheeseburger, nice and juicy and not cooked to shoe leather dryness, pickle, onion, mustard and ketchup. Comes with great fries. 2 people, 2 burgers & fries and 2 bottles of domestic comes to $13. Not bad, and pretty damn tasty to boot.

Bill's Tap is the same kind of deal, but I like this Stevensville place better. Lot friendlier, and it actually has windows.

Stevensville Station
    Baroda/Stevensville Road - just south of John Beers Road
    Stevensville, MI

Bill's Tap
    Baroda/Stevensville Road & Lemoncreek
    Baroda, MI

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat