LTH Home

Verucchi's Ristorante(since 1914) - Spring Valley, IL.

Verucchi's Ristorante(since 1914) - Spring Valley, IL.
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Verucchi's Ristorante(since 1914) - Spring Valley, IL.

Post #1 - December 29th, 2010, 6:15 pm
    Post #1 - December 29th, 2010, 6:15 pm Post #1 - December 29th, 2010, 6:15 pm
    Thats right, since 1914. old school Northern Italian. The real star here is the fried chicken(some of the best I have found in my exaustive search), the service, & the drink prices. About 45 miles west of my house in God's Country is the small town of Spring Valley, just over the LaSalle County Line in Bureau County. These counties are the kings of fried chicken in northern Illinois, home to such heavy weights like Ripp's, Smitty's, Johns North Star, Cherry Supper Club, etc. Verucchi's holds there own with any of these spots. Italian fried chicken, light batter, perfectly fried, cheap, and great.

2nd visit in about a month came this past Sunday. $6 rounds of Jim Beam and High Life at the bar, a 1/2 fried chicken family style - $11(salad, hash browns, and ravs and spaghetti), and a 1/4 light - $7(with hash browns, salad), also a side of lasagna & some wings.. Their red sauce Italian is ok, the chicken and hash browns is where it is at.

Old school:

chicken visit # 1:

chicken vist #2:

1/4 light:

both versions were great, 2nd visit the batter had more batter cracklins still attached to the chicken. Really crunchy, damn good.

Hash browns were better visit # 2(both were good)

Wings: decent version, served with ranch and roqufort dressing:

Verucchi's is a destination spot for folks who love fried chicken

Verucchi's Ristorante
    600 N. Greenwood
    Spring Valley, IL.

815-663-6431

http://www.verucchis.com
  • Post #2 - December 29th, 2010, 7:43 pm
    Post #2 - December 29th, 2010, 7:43 pm Post #2 - December 29th, 2010, 7:43 pm
    Jim, I may be working a shut down at LaSalle power house in several weeks. How long is the drive to Verrucci's?...thanks 597...PS great post as always!!!!
  • Post #3 - December 29th, 2010, 7:46 pm
    Post #3 - December 29th, 2010, 7:46 pm Post #3 - December 29th, 2010, 7:46 pm
    local597 wrote:Jim, I may be working a shut down at LaSalle power house in several weeks. How long is the drive to Verrucci's?...thanks 597

Lasalle station is right south of Marseilles right? I have a buddy who works all the outages at the area plants.

if so maybe 40 minutes.

I-80 west, exit at the Peru mall exit and head south to Route 6, take that west into Spring Valley.
  • Post #4 - December 29th, 2010, 8:01 pm
    Post #4 - December 29th, 2010, 8:01 pm Post #4 - December 29th, 2010, 8:01 pm
    jimswside wrote:
    local597 wrote:Jim, I may be working a shut down at LaSalle power house in several weeks. How long is the drive to Verrucci's?...thanks 597

Lasalle station is right south of Marseilles right? I have a buddy who works all the outages at the area plants.

if so maybe 40 minutes.

I-80 west, exit at the Peru mall exit and head south to Route 6, take that west into Spring Valley.

Gracia!
  • Post #5 - July 31st, 2020, 1:20 pm
    Post #5 - July 31st, 2020, 1:20 pm Post #5 - July 31st, 2020, 1:20 pm
    We made our 1st visit to Rip's in Ladd, IL for fried chicken. Excellent food and value with a nice outdoor dining area.
    However, we were told by the locals in LaSalle, IL before we made it to Rip's that Verucchi's Italian fried chicken is superior.
    Anyone have recent comparison experience?

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more