LTH Home

Lagomarcino's - Moline, IL.

Lagomarcino's - Moline, IL.
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Lagomarcino's - Moline, IL.

Post #1 - October 3rd, 2011, 8:24 am
    Post #1 - October 3rd, 2011, 8:24 am Post #1 - October 3rd, 2011, 8:24 am
    Inspired by a visit a few weeks ago to Lagomarcino's East Davenport location, the older Moline location has been on my short list for a visit.

Saturday as we sat in Dekalb after a visit to Inboden's, we decided the 1.45 hour drive out to the QC was in the cards - ice cream & pizza...

The Moline location of Lagomarcino's was actually their 4th downtown, opened in 1918. Custom built booths, tiffany lamps, tin ceiling, the works. A 2006 James Beard Award in their posession as well.

Once again the ice cream was phenominal, Cramy ice cream, rich toppings. And affordable. Most signature sundaes are around $4.70...... :shock:

Italian Sundae: (sliced banana, 1 scoop strawberry ice cream topped with caramel, 1 scoop vanilla ice cream topped with strawberries, whip cream, cherry, butter crunch.... :

hot fudge banana split: (banana, 2 scoops vanilla, crushed nuts, cherry, whip cream, and a pitcher of decadent hot fudge...

Lagomarcino's
    1422 5th Ave.
    Moline, IL.

Lagomarcino's
    2132 E. 11th Street
    Davenport, IA.

http://www.lagomarcinos.com
  • Post #2 - October 4th, 2011, 7:58 am
    Post #2 - October 4th, 2011, 7:58 am Post #2 - October 4th, 2011, 7:58 am
    Wonderful old place. Every time I'm there, I can imagine young Davenporter Leon "Bix" Beiderbecke walking in, cornet case under his arm.
  • Post #3 - October 4th, 2011, 10:26 am
    Post #3 - October 4th, 2011, 10:26 am Post #3 - October 4th, 2011, 10:26 am
    HI,

I was at Lagomarcino's in August for a near replication for Erik M.'s final meal. Only the tomato soup was forgotten.

My perennial quibble at almost all ice cream establishements: inferior canned whipped cream. Make your ice cream and toppings, then resort to a can for the whipped cream?

Otherwise a very lovely place to visit and certainly worth the time and mileage to get there.

Regards,
    Cathy

Subject: Amazing! A real Quad City chow find!

Erik M. wrote:As Cathy knows quite well, I love Maid Rite, but if I could only take one meal in the Quad Cities, it would be at the original Lagomarcino's. I'd order a ham salad sandwich on the housemade light rye, a cup of tomato soup, and a single scoop sundae with the housemade (and world famous) hot fudge. On my way out of the door--should there be any left--I'd grab a bag of "coal." ["Coal" is a hard licorice candy that they carry, but that is no longer made. The last time that I was in, they informed me that what they have is all that exists. Anywhere.]

At any rate, that sandwich is on my very, very short list of favourite food items in the whole world. Heck, I just recommended a meal that I, personally, would consider for my "last meal on earth." ;)

Erik M.

Lagomarcino's
    1422 5th Ave
    Moline, IL
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #4 - December 16th, 2022, 10:43 pm
    Post #4 - December 16th, 2022, 10:43 pm Post #4 - December 16th, 2022, 10:43 pm
    Hi,

I was in Moline today as well as Davenport, Iowa. I stopped at Lagomarcino's hoping for a sundae.

I learned they effectively close the restaurant and soda fountain from Halloween until just after Valentine's Day. They need all hands on board to sell, pack and ship candy around the country.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more