LTH Home

Eating Indiana / Fried Chicken, BPT's, Burgers, Noodles, Pie

Eating Indiana / Fried Chicken, BPT's, Burgers, Noodles, Pie
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - August 1st, 2019, 2:32 pm
    Post #31 - August 1st, 2019, 2:32 pm Post #31 - August 1st, 2019, 2:32 pm
    Da Beef wrote:Heard about this place called the Dumpling House and because of my love for dumplings as well as the random ass location, there's not much in terms of good food in these parts, I wanted to stop in . . .

I'd stored this in my memory bank because my wife is from the area (Alexandria). It turned out to be the silver lining during a recent trip to visit my mother-in-law in the old folks home . . .

Stir Fried Cabbage and Black Fungus
    Really enjoyed this one quite a bit. Nice flavors and great, lively textures.

Mongolian Beef
    Not a winner. Very sweet and bland. Not great beef and not a scallion to be found.

Fried Dumplings - Pork & Cabbage
    Very nice but I actually liked the boiled dumplings (below) more.

Chinese Spinach with Minced Garlic & Oyster Sauce
    Fun dish, well-made.

Boiled Dumplings - Pork & Preserved Cabbage
    Excellent dumplings with a pleasantly chewy texture and flavorful filling. Kind of made me wish we'd gone with the preserved cabbage in the fried ones, too.

Szechuan Double Cooked Pork
    This one was great and really surprised me. Nice ma la, tasty belly and the wrinkly cabbage absorbed a lot of the delicious sauce. I could have done without the bell peppers, though.

Unless you like chains, this area really is a food wasteland, so Dumpling House stands out as a real gem. As Beef mentioned, it's located behind the Asian Market and not clearly visible from the street.

=R=

421 S Tillotson Ave
    Muncie, IN 47304
    (765) 287-8190
    Same planet, different world

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles