LTH Home

Sparks (terrible) NYC

Sparks (terrible) NYC
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Sparks (terrible) NYC

Post #1 - October 29th, 2019, 1:20 pm
    Post #1 - October 29th, 2019, 1:20 pm Post #1 - October 29th, 2019, 1:20 pm
    In reference to the Peter Luger thread; I offer one about Sparks/NYC where, infamously, "Big Paul" Castellano was shot outside. This was a rec from a friend who shall remain in infamy. We were inviting our teenage relative and her friend and a table of needless-to-say high-powered law professionals including a judge and a broadway director friend of theirs. There is a reason we had never heard of this demesne. First, the waiters basically forced the girls to order steaks. I had no part in that and ordered trout(the menu is either beef or fish...my order wasn't outre' by any manner). For an old school steak resto this was expensive and the worst. Everything overcooked. The service overbearing. We were actually embarrassed to bring these people there. Our friend later told us he had never been there because he doesn't send people to his favorite joints. We love him still. Will the people we invited out for dinner ever trust us again? Who's to tell?
    Being gauche rocks, stun the bourgeoisie
  • Post #2 - November 5th, 2019, 8:35 pm
    Post #2 - November 5th, 2019, 8:35 pm Post #2 - November 5th, 2019, 8:35 pm
    Christopher Gordon wrote:In reference to the Peter Luger thread; I offer one about Sparks/NYC where, infamously, "Big Paul" Castellano was shot outside. This was a rec from a friend who shall remain in infamy. We were inviting our teenage relative and her friend and a table of needless-to-say high-powered law professionals including a judge and a broadway director friend of theirs. There is a reason we had never heard of this demesne. First, the waiters basically forced the girls to order steaks. I had no part in that and ordered trout(the menu is either beef or fish...my order wasn't outre' by any manner). For an old school steak resto this was expensive and the worst. Everything overcooked. The service overbearing. We were actually embarrassed to bring these people there. Our friend later told us he had never been there because he doesn't send people to his favorite joints. We love him still. Will the people we invited out for dinner ever trust us again? Who's to tell?

AMEN

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more