LTH Home

pandemic eats near Laguardia

pandemic eats near Laguardia
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • pandemic eats near Laguardia

Post #1 - March 9th, 2021, 9:36 am
    Post #1 - March 9th, 2021, 9:36 am Post #1 - March 9th, 2021, 9:36 am
    My buddy has a new job transfering pro athletes covid tests to NYC which oftentimes results in an overnight near the airport. He usually arrives from early evening to late night. Dining has been limited to burgers at hotel bar and delivery pizza. Anything above ok in the vicinity (short uber ride) of Laguardia hotels will work. Apparently this is further complicated due to covid restrictions on operation hours. My Irish friend is not me, no soup dumplings or goat tacos, just decent food or drinks in the vicinity. Delivery probably works also. Thanks in advance.

Babaluch
  • Post #2 - April 1st, 2021, 3:55 am
    Post #2 - April 1st, 2021, 3:55 am Post #2 - April 1st, 2021, 3:55 am
    babaluch wrote:My buddy has a new job transfering pro athletes covid tests to NYC which oftentimes results in an overnight near the airport. He usually arrives from early evening to late night. Dining has been limited to burgers at hotel bar and delivery pizza. Anything above ok in the vicinity (short uber ride) of Laguardia hotels will work. Apparently this is further complicated due to covid restrictions on operation hours. My Irish friend is not me, no soup dumplings or goat tacos, just decent food or drinks in the vicinity. Delivery probably works also. Thanks in advance.

Babaluch

Define what a short uber ride means? There are numerous areas that aren't far from LaGuardia with good or great ethnic food food like Ditmars/Steinway (Greek/Italian food), Astoria on Steinway (Middle Eastern), Jackson Heights (Indian), Flushing (Chinese and Korean), etc.

Honestly if I were your friend I'd be going to these areas, but that's just me. After living in NYC officially for over 4 years now (over 6 when you count the 2 years of every week travel there before) I do believe Queens has the best food in the entire city.

I understand they might not be adventurous though, and near LaGuardia that's not necessarily a great thing IMO. There are definitely standard American places nearby but you have to remember that 50% of Queens, out of over 2 million people, wasn't even born in the US. This place is an ethnic food lovers paradise.

What kind of hours are we talking about here? Eating at 9pm...or eating at midnight?
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more