LTH Home

Conrath Wisconsin

Conrath Wisconsin
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Conrath Wisconsin

Post #1 - June 1st, 2021, 9:18 pm
    Post #1 - June 1st, 2021, 9:18 pm Post #1 - June 1st, 2021, 9:18 pm
    I will be staying up near Conrath Wisconsin later this month. I did a google search and found a surprising number of restaurants rated 4.7 or higher. Any first hand recommendations will be greatly appreciated. No limits as far as price or cuisine - just interested in what good options are available. Doesn’t have to be in Conrath but no more than 10 miles from town. Thanks!!!!
  • Post #2 - June 7th, 2021, 12:24 pm
    Post #2 - June 7th, 2021, 12:24 pm Post #2 - June 7th, 2021, 12:24 pm
    So.....I have spent a fair amount of time in this general area, but not in Conrath in particular .

This is one of the more remote areas of the state, with very little economic development. Average household income is sub-$40k. I would strongly encourage you to ignore any restaurant ratings you see online, if you are using metro-Chicago standards of what constitutes a "4 star" review. They are just not comparable. And remember, the economic impact of COVID on areas supported by tourism (like this area is) was substantial.

Here's a link to the restaurant listing of the Rusk County Chamber of Commerce. This would be the place I'd start:

https://liveruskcounty.com/eat

Hope this helps. Again, I'd recommend balancing expectations against the economic realities on the ground. This is an area of the state that has been struggling for decades.

FYI,
    Dave
  • Post #3 - June 10th, 2021, 12:16 pm
    Post #3 - June 10th, 2021, 12:16 pm Post #3 - June 10th, 2021, 12:16 pm
    If you're on a day trip towards Hayward, we highly recommend the Blackiron Grill. Chicago food guys set it up a few years ago - chef worked at Gibson's on Rush apparently. We spend a week up there every year and hit that place at least twice.
  • Post #4 - June 11th, 2021, 5:12 pm
    Post #4 - June 11th, 2021, 5:12 pm Post #4 - June 11th, 2021, 5:12 pm
    Thanks much for the advice. I ended up in a very remote spot and did not get into town for meals, so unfortunately I cannot add any suggestions. I did notice many places that were either closed for good or had greatly reduced hours. For example, Barney’s Meats in Weyerhaeuser is currently only open Friday and Saturday. Hoping that will change as things improve. If you are up that way, definitely call before heading out.

I can recommend Skabroud's Store in Sheldon, which is a wonderful smallish grocery store. Not a huge meat selection but some great homemade pizzas. It’s surprisingly well stocked for it’s size and the people couldn’t be nicer.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more