LTH Home

Szechaun Restaurant - West Allis

Szechaun Restaurant - West Allis
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Szechaun Restaurant - West Allis

Post #1 - July 29th, 2022, 3:38 pm
    Post #1 - July 29th, 2022, 3:38 pm Post #1 - July 29th, 2022, 3:38 pm
    I have been looking for an authentic Szechaun Restaurant or good Chinese for a loooong time in Milwaukee.
    But last Saturday on our way back from Road America, we ordered take out from this place.
    Pork dumplings and Crispy Chicken for my wife, and MaPo Tofu with pork along with Beef Maw and tendon for my son and myself.
    EVERYTHING was outstanding.
    The dumplings were clearly made in house and had a light soy flavored sauce.
    Crispy chicken was flavorful but not spicy for my wife.
    But the Beef Maw and Tendon were superb, just the right amount of heat, Chile oil, cilantro, thin sliced maw and tendon.
    The MaPo had the requisite Szechaun peppercorn flavor.
    I cannot wait to go back.
    The parking lot was full and my son said the crowd was mostly Asian, a good sign.
    There is a Asian Market in the same strip mall but we didn't stop due to space in the small vehicle.
    Szechaun Restaurant
    11102 W National Av
    Milwaukee Wi
    http://goszechuanrestaurant.com
    It's a mile west of the 894 Bypass on National AV.
  • Post #2 - August 4th, 2022, 7:04 am
    Post #2 - August 4th, 2022, 7:04 am Post #2 - August 4th, 2022, 7:04 am
    Good tip. I was over that way a few days ago and tried the MaPo Tofu. It was very good. I also saw that they specialize if "hotpot" meals. May have to bring a few people over for that experience. In that same strip is a place called Lucky Bakery and BBQ. Apparently they do some great duck and pork belly. Will try soon.
  • Post #3 - November 26th, 2022, 1:06 pm
    Post #3 - November 26th, 2022, 1:06 pm Post #3 - November 26th, 2022, 1:06 pm
    Picked up takeout last Sunday on our way home.
    Ordered by phone, Pork Kidney with Szechuan peppercorns, Beef Maw with Tendon and Kung Pao Chicken. The person who took the order then asked me if I wanted regular Kung Pao or ‘Szechaun Style’. I replied, “ Szechaun Style”.
    The three of us all agreed that it was the best Kung Pao we had ever eaten!
    The Maw with Tendon, a cold dish, was as good as remembered, crunchy tendon thin sliced with just the right touch of oil and heat with cilantro roots.
    The Kidney was daunting with the most numbing feel I have ever eaten.
    With the kidney was Tofu Skin and thinly sliced pickled vegetable.
    This dish has to eaten with rice to dumb down the numbness!
    We will continue to eat our way through the unique Szechaun dishes.
    BTW, the person who takes the orders does not want numbers from the on-line menu.
    He wants descriptive words from the menu of which so far he has gotten everything correct.
    -Richard
  • Post #4 - July 18th, 2023, 2:40 pm
    Post #4 - July 18th, 2023, 2:40 pm Post #4 - July 18th, 2023, 2:40 pm
    Another take out winner last Sunday on the way back from Road America.
    Certainly better than the previous outing where we had an oil line break inside a Turbo and had to forgo a stop at Szechuan Restaurant!
    Again, the Kung Pao was excellent.maybe not as spicy as the first orders but I did request Szechuan Style.
    The Beef Maw with Ox Tendon was even better than the last time according to my son.
    The stand out was the ‘Spicy Pork Intestine’!
    Just the resulting sauce was a treat with rice!
    Szechwan peppercorns, dried red chiles and fresh green chiles with some sort of vegetable and potato chunks.
    The Intestine was butter soft.
    Truly a magnificent dish!
    My wife wanted egg rolls which I am always reluctant to purchase because I think many restaurants just deep fry a commercial heavy crusted product.
    Not these, a light spring roll type crust and a rolled construction with excellent filling. Not sure what they were filled with?
    It’s 5 minutes off the 894 Bypass on National Av.
    -Richard
    BTW for those traveling UP North,
    HWY 43 both North and South bound has Heavy Construction from Down Town Milwaukee to the I43 split with Hwy 57.
    I try to avoid by using H41/H45 North to Hwy 151 to Hwy23 to Road America.
    HWY 43 has numerous winding lane changes with very rough surfaces.
    Not sure what the rest of Hwy43 to Green Bay is like?
  • Post #5 - July 19th, 2023, 7:39 am
    Post #5 - July 19th, 2023, 7:39 am Post #5 - July 19th, 2023, 7:39 am
    Is this Sze Chuan? If so, it is the best around. If you go there, have you stopped at Lucky Bakery just a few steps away? The bbq pork and duck and it is very good.
  • Post #6 - July 19th, 2023, 7:55 am
    Post #6 - July 19th, 2023, 7:55 am Post #6 - July 19th, 2023, 7:55 am
    Puckjam wrote:Is this Sze Chuan? If so, it is the best around. If you go there, have you stopped at Lucky Bakery just a few steps away? The bbq pork and duck and it is very good.

Can you say any more about Lucky Bakery? Will be driving past there later today.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more