LTH Home

EATS on I-84, I-81 Newburgh, Scranton, to Winchester?

EATS on I-84, I-81 Newburgh, Scranton, to Winchester?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • EATS on I-84, I-81 Newburgh, Scranton, to Winchester?

Post #1 - June 4th, 2023, 9:13 am
    Post #1 - June 4th, 2023, 9:13 am Post #1 - June 4th, 2023, 9:13 am
    Never travelled this route before. Is there any local eatery or food I shouldn't miss? TIA!

Geo
    Sooo, you like wine and are looking for something good to read? Maybe *this* will do the trick! :)
  • Post #2 - June 8th, 2023, 8:40 am
    Post #2 - June 8th, 2023, 8:40 am Post #2 - June 8th, 2023, 8:40 am
    Hi,

It would be nice to know if that is Winchester, Virginia.

Not exactly on your route, but in the region: Tamarack (WV) Marketplace.

The first time I encountered Tamarack, I was on my way to Roanoke. We kept seeing these signs reporting how many miles we were away from Tamarack. Really good marketing, because it really peaked our curiosity.

Tamarack, now renamed Tamarack Marketplace, features artists and food from WV. The food is really good! Just looked at their Thursday-Friday special: duck fat poached Atlantic salmon.

Years ago, I ordered a peach dessert. They inquired if I wanted any whipped cream. Someone with a chef toque walks out with a huge pastry bag of whipped cream and squeezed on as much as I wanted. I was floored.

This is a roadside attraction with easy on-and-off with really terrific food. I have not been in that region in years. When I did, I would divert with some may feel was ridiculous miles to get there, because "I was nearby."

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #3 - June 8th, 2023, 10:15 am
    Post #3 - June 8th, 2023, 10:15 am Post #3 - June 8th, 2023, 10:15 am
    Sounds nice C2, but I'll be a loooonnng way away, on I-81. Wish I'd known about this place years ago, tho', when I used to commute on I-64 a couple times a year! Tnx anyway!

Geo
    Sooo, you like wine and are looking for something good to read? Maybe *this* will do the trick! :)

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more