LTH Home

Door County-Egg Harbor Recommendations

Door County-Egg Harbor Recommendations
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Door County-Egg Harbor Recommendations

Post #1 - September 6th, 2005, 9:42 am
    Post #1 - September 6th, 2005, 9:42 am Post #1 - September 6th, 2005, 9:42 am
    The whole extended family is doing a trip up to Door County in a couple of weeks. We are staying at the Newport Resort in Egg Harbor and need some recommendations for pleace to eat.

I did a seach and only found a couple of year old+ posts about the area and was hoping that we could get something more up-to-date. I know that we have dinner planned the first night at the Cookery and would like some more recommendations.

A couple of the nights, we will be dining with little ones, and the others will be sans-little ones. If anyone has some can't miss places, let me know. We are not really into the fish boils, but would like some more innovative foods.

Thanks....
  • Post #2 - September 6th, 2005, 9:54 am
    Post #2 - September 6th, 2005, 9:54 am Post #2 - September 6th, 2005, 9:54 am
    I really loved my recent trip to Door County. My reports may not be quite on point as I spent most of my time on Washington Island, but perhaps they will inspire you:

Getting Fat in Wisconsin Part 1

Getting Fat in Wisconsin Part 2
    Think Yiddish, Dress British - Advice of Evil Ronnie to me.
  • Post #3 - September 6th, 2005, 3:41 pm
    Post #3 - September 6th, 2005, 3:41 pm Post #3 - September 6th, 2005, 3:41 pm
    Kevin,

My family and I have rented houses in Door County quite a few times over the last 15 years. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.

Last year before we went up to spend a week in Bailey's Harbor, I printed out several pages from LTH and came across some great finds.

http://lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t= ... oor+county

http://lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t= ... oor+county

The next time I go back up to the Door, I will definitely make it a point to go to the Mission Grille in Sister's Bay. We have friends who stop in every time they visit and absolutely love it. For your night without the kids I think it might be worth a shot.

Enjoy!
  • Post #4 - September 8th, 2005, 12:21 pm
    Post #4 - September 8th, 2005, 12:21 pm Post #4 - September 8th, 2005, 12:21 pm
    Just a quickie, at work and lunch break almost over...

On a recent trip to Door county, the highlight of the weekend was a trip to Simon Creek Winery. It was a perfect day weather-wise, which helped. But they were celebrating and had great live music in the most bucolic setting. It was a delightful visit. I think the food offered was to celebrate an anniversary because I don't see how they could afford to share the free spread offered that day every day.

After the tasting, I had a chance to chat with the founder, Tim Lawrie and his wonderful family. He signed some bottles and shared some stories.

Also had a wonderful dinner at the Inn at Kristofer's
    734 Bay Shore Drive
    Sister Bay, Wisconsin
    920-854-9419
    They had live classical guitar music the night we were there for my birthday. Great wine list, food, service and a spectacular view.
    Both places are worth a visit.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more