Christmas Eve
    55%
    Christmas Day
    29%
    Neither/Other (please explain)
    16%
    Total votes : 38
  • Post #31 - December 28th, 2020, 1:45 pm
    Post #31 - December 28th, 2020, 1:45 pm Post #31 - December 28th, 2020, 1:45 pm
    Hi,

I fermented them for a week during the summer. I made enough to enjoy some when it was first made, then I kept some for Christmas. I bought the tiny mushroom dumplings from Shop and Save.

The inspiration came from the book, Fresh from Poland: New Vegetarian Cooking from the Old Country.

I really, really liked this book. I made a number of recipes from it and will buy it eventually. It was a cookbook club selection.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #32 - December 29th, 2020, 1:54 pm
    Post #32 - December 29th, 2020, 1:54 pm Post #32 - December 29th, 2020, 1:54 pm
    When I was in Grad School, my office mate invited me to his Christmas Eve Soiree which he had every year for his friends. As I am a Vegetarian, I told him that I will bring something to share for a main course, and that way I am not obligating him/wife to make something just for me.

I ended up making "Christmas Fried Rice" .... regular fried rice, with Red Peppers and Green Peas!! It was a big hit, and from then on till I was in Grad School it became a tradition for me to bring it every year. When I left, his wife took a recipe from me to continue with it.

After I moved to Chicago; I started doing the Jewish Christmas ... Chinatown and a Movie at Showplace Icon on Roosevelt; after volunteering in the morning at the Shedd Aquarium! Alas, this year was undone by the pandemic.

So I went back to may grad school days and made Christmas Fried Rice again. Delicious!!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more