LTH Home

Knives

Knives
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 6 of 6 
  • Post #151 - November 18th, 2020, 6:53 am
    Post #151 - November 18th, 2020, 6:53 am Post #151 - November 18th, 2020, 6:53 am
    Kramer and his knife offerings plus success have gone to his head!
    I have no problem with someone ca$shing in on success, its the American Way but this is absurd!
    There is no $50K value in this knife and to offer this knife at that price, well I’ll leave you to offer judgment.
    I have a Honyaki from a maker judged the best in Japan, Custom ordered and delivered at a fraction of the Kramer price. These knives do not usually get out of Japan because of the price and the Japanese believe we are not worthy.
    I guess Kramer feels we are not worthy also.
    -Richard
  • Post #152 - November 18th, 2020, 7:12 am
    Post #152 - November 18th, 2020, 7:12 am Post #152 - November 18th, 2020, 7:12 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:If anyone who needs a knife has a little extra cash sitting around, this may be just the thing . . . :wink:

My thought was, take the $50,000 and buy 1500 Victorinox Swiss Army Fibrox Pro 8” Chef's, the perennial Cooks Illustrated winner, and give them to people with dull kitchen knives. Virtually everyone, with a few exceptions, who cooks at home.

The world would be a better place.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #153 - November 18th, 2020, 10:22 am
    Post #153 - November 18th, 2020, 10:22 am Post #153 - November 18th, 2020, 10:22 am
    budrichard wrote:Kramer and his knife offerings plus success have gone to his head!
    I have no problem with someone ca$shing in on success, its the American Way but this is absurd!
    There is no $50K value in this knife and to offer this knife at that price, well I’ll leave you to offer judgment.
    I have a Honyaki from a maker judged the best in Japan, Custom ordered and delivered at a fraction of the Kramer price. These knives do not usually get out of Japan because of the price and the Japanese believe we are not worthy.
    I guess Kramer feels we are not worthy also.
    -Richard

Yeah, I don't really understand it. I believe they give a (10%) portion of each sale to some charitable endeavor, which is nice but the price has completely left the parameters of reality.

G Wiv wrote:
    ronnie_suburban wrote:If anyone who needs a knife has a little extra cash sitting around, this may be just the thing . . . :wink:

My thought was, take the $50,000 and buy 1500 Victorinox Swiss Army Fibrox Pro 8” Chef's, the perennial Cooks Illustrated winner, and give them to people with dull kitchen knives. Virtually everyone, with a few exceptions, who cooks at home.

The world would be a better place.

Absolutely.

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #154 - November 21st, 2020, 5:09 pm
    Post #154 - November 21st, 2020, 5:09 pm Post #154 - November 21st, 2020, 5:09 pm
    I'm guessing a few have already seen this, worth a watch. How To Use Every Japanese Knife | Method Mastery | Epicurious
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #155 - November 22nd, 2020, 12:47 am
    Post #155 - November 22nd, 2020, 12:47 am Post #155 - November 22nd, 2020, 12:47 am
    G Wiv wrote:I'm guessing a few have already seen this, worth a watch. How To Use Every Japanese Knife | Method Mastery | Epicurious

I watched this video a few weeks ago and it's great. It'll most likely be overkill for all but the most hardcore aichmomaniacs. But for fanatics, enthusiasts and obsessives, it's a great watch.

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events