Post #1292 - July 22nd, 2021, 4:56 am Post #1292 - July 22nd, 2021, 4:56 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Nice wiener, Gar-Bear! :D

Snappy, taut and juicy.
    :oops: :shock: :oops:
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #1293 - July 22nd, 2021, 7:23 am
    Post #1293 - July 22nd, 2021, 7:23 am Post #1293 - July 22nd, 2021, 7:23 am
    The garden is coming into its own: While the lettuce is bolting, there's still a lot of useful leaves left on the romaine and spinach. Herbs are flourishing, I grabbed some basil and oregano (for its mintiness) to go with the cilantro in the fridge to make a Thai grilled chicken salad (using my usual recipe for nuea nam tok but more herbs). A few cherry tomatoes, some cucumber, a sweet pepper that's not quite full color but not green tasting, simply-grilled boneless/skinless chicken breast (just salt), everything sliced up with toasted rice powder and the dressing below. Nothing says summer like this dish for me.

(serves 2)
    1/2 C lemon juice
    1/4 C fish sauce
    1 shallot, diced fine
    1 scallion, diced fine
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
    about 3/4-1 C chopped fresh herbs (cilantro with stems and roots if you can get 'em, basil, mint, I used oregano)
    Combine everything above in a measuring cup

ground toasted rice (about 1/2 tsp per plate)

Arrange lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweet pepper slices on plate, top with sliced grilled meat, dust with rice powder, spoon dressing over everything, enjoy.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #1294 - Today, 12:48 am
    Post #1294 - Today, 12:48 am Post #1294 - Today, 12:48 am
    Coming briefly out of retirement to post a "Thank you" to (who else?) ronnie_suburban for the inspiration. Not sure what it was about your recent "pad ka-prao" post (post # 1281) but it got me off the grill and to a local supermarket for some supplies.

I winged things pretty liberally but ended up with a spicy, sweet, tasty treat for dinner. My wife (very spice-adverse) kept coming back to the leftovers like a moth to the flame.

Thanks LTHForum! It's been too long.

• Post #1295 - 4 minutes ago
    Post #1295 - 4 minutes ago Post #1295 - 4 minutes ago
    Bridgestone wrote:Coming briefly out of retirement to post a "Thank you" to (who else?) ronnie_suburban for the inspiration. Not sure what it was about your recent "pad ka-prao" post (post # 1281) but it got me off the grill and to a local supermarket for some supplies.

I'm honored that I could inspire LTH's cooking-post OG! Great to "see" you. Needless to say, the dish looks spectacular. I hope you and the family are doing well. :)

=R=
    Same planet, different world

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more