LTH Home

Pancakes - Tips and Tricks [Stuff I never buy]

Pancakes - Tips and Tricks [Stuff I never buy]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - March 8th, 2019, 6:40 pm
    Post #61 - March 8th, 2019, 6:40 pm Post #61 - March 8th, 2019, 6:40 pm
    Mr. Francatelli's Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday
    Yes, THE Francatelli who was Queen Victoria's Chef.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #62 - March 10th, 2019, 10:35 am
    Post #62 - March 10th, 2019, 10:35 am Post #62 - March 10th, 2019, 10:35 am
    In one of the blogs/newsletter's I read, the mention of
    The BEST-EVER-Pancakes was the topic-
    and the author referred to :
    "One morning I came home to find that the vegan teen
    had made a big batch of these, which told me two things:
    They were vegan and they were easy to make.
    What I didn't expect is that they would taste so good.
    Honestly, I have no idea why there are eggs and milk in pancakes after eating these.
    They are lighter than conventional pancakes,
    and easily get the perfect crispy edge that can be elusive with more cake-y cakes.
    This has been the family's go-to pancake recipe every since."

ImageVegan Pancakes- no Eggs, or Milk by R. Kramer, on Flickr
    https://tasty.co/recipe/the-fluffiest-vegan-pancakes

And - speaking ofPANCACKES- one of the most amazing-as in-Change-your-Life- sorta-Pancakes, I had in Corktown- Detroit recently- were served with what was described as "Smoked-Maple-Syrup" :roll: - a thing I'd not considered possible before this encounter...
    ImageLady of The House > Corktown Detroit by R. Kramer, on Flickr
    What they did I was told- was once the Chef had the smoker going- he inserted a vessel, containing said Maple Syrup- and let the smoke permeate the Syrup.
    Not sure what kind of vessel he used- but- the net effect- was remarkable.

Be sure to check-out Lady of The House- when you visit Detroit , and lemme know
    if your life has changed since eating Pancakes with Smoked Maple Syrup!
  • Post #63 - March 31st, 2020, 9:52 am
    Post #63 - March 31st, 2020, 9:52 am Post #63 - March 31st, 2020, 9:52 am
    Hi,

Five years ago, I learned to make German Apple Pancakes from Chef Rita at DankHaus.

I will occasionally make the German Apple Pancake from Walker Brothers, but this is a fast weeknight meal.

I took a picture as it emerged from the oven, because the height collapses rather quickly:

IMG_0159.JPG German Apple Pancake still in the oven

At the table with some butter and maple syrup:

IMG_0165.JPG German Apple Pancake ready to eat

AFter this, I am down to six eggs. Fortunately to paraphrase Elaine from Seinfeld, "This dish is egg worthy."

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #64 - June 17th, 2020, 6:55 am
    Post #64 - June 17th, 2020, 6:55 am Post #64 - June 17th, 2020, 6:55 am
    Aunt Jemima brand to change name, remove image that Quaker says is 'based on a racial stereotype'
    “We recognize Aunt Jemima’s origins are based on a racial stereotype," Quaker Oats said, adding that the move is an effort "toward progress on racial equality."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/au ... d_nn_tw_ma
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #65 - May 3rd, 2022, 7:56 am
    Post #65 - May 3rd, 2022, 7:56 am Post #65 - May 3rd, 2022, 7:56 am
    I will admit, I like the cheap pancake sauce and just about never use maple syrup. I have the maple syrup, I just don't think it is pancake worthy.

I have thought about making my own pancake syrup, though I did finally see an appealing recipe from SeriousEats.

I have a glass Mrs. Butterworth's pancake sauce container. When her level is low, I refill it. When I have visiting relatives, more than once I found her in the recycling basket after they emptied it. Of course, they look at me like I am crazy. I have now seen her at antique malls!

Regards,
    Cathy2

P.S. We do often put jam on pancakes. When I had an oversupply of blueberries recently, I made blueberry syrup for our pancakes.
    Cathy2

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more