LTH Home

Bojangles Biscuit Recipe

Bojangles Biscuit Recipe
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Bojangles Biscuit Recipe

Post #1 - January 14th, 2009, 11:25 am
    Post #1 - January 14th, 2009, 11:25 am Post #1 - January 14th, 2009, 11:25 am
    In a recent thread, someone was lauding the biscuits at the mainly Carolina's based chain Bojangles. Bojangles is a cajun chicken place much like Popeyes that began in Charlotte in the late 70s and has spread, with some success, throughout the southeast.

Overall, Bojangles menu is far inferior to Popeyes with one exception: their fresh, in store made, biscuits that they serve all day every day. In the early 80s the local Hardeees and Bojangles franchises began serving these biscuits stuffed with country ham, deep fried chopped steak, sausage or even topped with a pretty good sausage cream gravy.

i ran cross this recipe recently and found the end product to be pretty close to the excellent biscuits that one would find at Bojangles. So, if anyone is feeling ambitious enough to make their own biscuits:

Bojangles Biscuits - Makes about 1 dozen

2 cups self rising flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 teaspoons confectioners sugar
    1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)
    1 1/2 cups buttermilk
    Melted butter (about 1/4 cup)

Stir together the flour, baking powder & 10x sugar. Cut in the shortening until pieces are about the size of grains of rice. Stir in the buttermilk (you may need less buttermilk; start with 3/4 cup and add more as needed). Knead a few times, roll out on a floured board or counter top to 3/4-inch thickness. Be careful not to work dough too much or add too much flour, or you'll have dry biscuits. Cut with an oversized biscuit cutter (about 3-inches). Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake about 12 minutes in a preheated 450 degree oven.
  • Post #2 - January 15th, 2009, 5:54 pm
    Post #2 - January 15th, 2009, 5:54 pm Post #2 - January 15th, 2009, 5:54 pm
    Will,

These look very good! Think I'll give them a try. Clarifications:

1. 10X sugar? This to me means superfine, but the ingredient list says "confectioners". Which do you use?

2. Butter? Is this brushed on the biscuits before baking?

Thanks!

Bill/SFNM
  • Post #3 - January 15th, 2009, 5:58 pm
    Post #3 - January 15th, 2009, 5:58 pm Post #3 - January 15th, 2009, 5:58 pm
    I used confectioners sugar and brushed the biscuits with the butter after baking. They had a nice, crispy, buttery exterior and tender middle.
  • Post #4 - April 27th, 2021, 11:25 am
    Post #4 - April 27th, 2021, 11:25 am Post #4 - April 27th, 2021, 11:25 am
    What I Learned Making Biscuits at Bojangles’
    It started on the way to the grocery store earlier this summer, when I heard a radio ad touting the forty-eight steps behind each tray of Bojangles’ biscuits. Call me old-fashioned, but I could think of maybe a dozen—and that’s being generous. How, I wondered, and why, would a fast-food joint complicate that? Being on the biscuit beat at Garden & Gun, I reached out to Bojangles’ to ask. They wouldn’t share the secrets behind their many steps, but they did offer to let me come in and see how it’s done. So at 8 a.m. on a Saturday in July, I walked into the Bojangles’ in Ladson, South Carolina, where half a dozen locals were already eating breakfast and Bojangles’ Director of Field Training, Debbie Boyette, was waiting with an apron for me.

This place is fit for jiminlogansquare, because they toss biscuits after 20 minutes.
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #5 - April 29th, 2021, 11:15 pm
    Post #5 - April 29th, 2021, 11:15 pm Post #5 - April 29th, 2021, 11:15 pm
    As a kid I did not like their biscuits. But their dirty rice and 2 piece dark and spicy were a favorite!
    Ava-"If you get down and out, just get in the kitchen and bake a cake."- Jean Strickland

Horto In Urbs- Falling in love with Urban Vegetable Gardening
  • Post #6 - April 18th, 2023, 5:10 am
    Post #6 - April 18th, 2023, 5:10 am Post #6 - April 18th, 2023, 5:10 am
    Bojangles, a Popular Southern Fried Chicken Chain, is Expanding Into the Chicago Area

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/b ... a/3120973/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more