LTH Home

Coffee Maker Help

Coffee Maker Help
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - April 7th, 2021, 4:04 pm
    Post #31 - April 7th, 2021, 4:04 pm Post #31 - April 7th, 2021, 4:04 pm
    nr706 wrote:We've had a Breville coffee maker for four or five years. It has a built-in burr grinder, and bean storage. Brew strength is adjustable. It wasn't cheap, but it makes up for that by being generous with the number of decibels the grinder generates.

Good to know. :lol:
    -Mary
  • Post #32 - April 7th, 2021, 6:52 pm
    Post #32 - April 7th, 2021, 6:52 pm Post #32 - April 7th, 2021, 6:52 pm
    The GP wrote:
    kafein wrote:I highly recommend the Zojirushi. This company is known for their rice makers and water kettles. The coffee gets brewed at a much higher temp.

The timer works like a charm and the basket holds plenty of grounds (I have had a Grind N Brew - I feel it's enough for 8 cups)

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CAQ8gIwAA#

I also reviewed it here, note - I still have the same one. Well over a year and still kicking. And we make alot of coffee.

http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=21892

This also caught my eye. Curious if anyone else has a Zojirushi coffee maker.

I had this zojirushi and it brewed well and kept coffee hot. However one out of every ten pots or so wouldn't drip into the carafe properly leading to some spillage.

May have been human error but happened enough that I just got rid of it. Now I've got a Braun brewsense and it works great. No metal carafe but in the days of working remote, that hasn't been an issue for me.
  • Post #33 - April 7th, 2021, 7:01 pm
    Post #33 - April 7th, 2021, 7:01 pm Post #33 - April 7th, 2021, 7:01 pm
    We've been quite happy with our Oxo 9-cup. Simple yet thoughtful design, reliable, good cup of coffee made at the right temperature. We like having the thermal carafe, but it doesn't stay hot for hours. We also have the Baratza Encore grinder and find it works well.
  • Post #34 - April 12th, 2021, 6:31 pm
    Post #34 - April 12th, 2021, 6:31 pm Post #34 - April 12th, 2021, 6:31 pm
    EvA wrote:We've been quite happy with our Oxo 9-cup. Simple yet thoughtful design, reliable, good cup of coffee made at the right temperature. We like having the thermal carafe, but it doesn't stay hot for hours. We also have the Baratza Encore grinder and find it works well.

A friend has a Zojirushi thermos that keeps coffee impressively hot. It possible to make coffee the night before and in the morning find the coffee impossibly hot to drink.

I know you were not looking for any recommendations, though it gave me an opportunity to suggest!

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more