LTH Home

Evanston Farmers Market

Evanston Farmers Market
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 15 of 15 
  • Post #421 - June 4th, 2022, 3:28 pm
    Post #421 - June 4th, 2022, 3:28 pm Post #421 - June 4th, 2022, 3:28 pm
    NFriday wrote:I wish some of the people waiting in line for the food, would also buy some stuff from some of the farmers.
    While I wish the farmers well in their sales, I don't mind the idea of people only coming for prepared foods. To each their own. If you don't cook much, most of the offerings aren't practical to purchase. I like the smell of cooking even though I only shop for ingredients myself. That crepe line at 11am was impressive. If there's an imbalance hopefully the market adjusts the cost for vendors based on whether they serve warm food, assuming there's already a discrepancy of some sort.
  • Post #422 - June 17th, 2022, 10:01 pm
    Post #422 - June 17th, 2022, 10:01 pm Post #422 - June 17th, 2022, 10:01 pm
    Hi- Due to the hot weather we have had this week, there will be loads of strawberries at the market tomorrow. I know they are more expensive, but they are way better than the California strawberries Jewel is selling this week for $.99.

This should be about it for the asparagus. Henry is bringing lots of lettuce this week. Henry had to pick all of his lettuce today, because it is supposed to get really hot again this next week, and he is afraid that it will all bolt if he waits to pick the lettuce. He is selling it 2/$7. Henry says his boston lettuce is especially good. He is also bringing some chicories Henry is also bringing the last of the spinach, rhubarb, peas and kohlrabi. Henry is bringing some broccoli and cauliflower tomorrow too. His broccoli and cauliflower did not do well this year, and so he does not know how much more he will bring to market this summer. Get it while you can. K & K Farms are coming tomorrow with strawberries. They should have raspberries and cherries in a few weeks.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more